acht | akaashi keiji - with you

first words of your soulmate is written on your wrist

[ warnings: royal au ]

[ words: 2.7k ]
_________________________

"Did you hear that the Princess of Karasuno Kingdom will be engaged with the Prince of Fukurodani?"

The murmurs were nonstop. It hasn't even been a day of the announcement of the marriage of convenience, and it already flooded throughout the whole two kingdoms.

You were going to get married to the Prince of Fukurodani, or Bokuto Koutarou. You've seen him twice or a few times by reason of the parties held by the Emperor. Unlike any marriage of convenience you've heard of, this was nothing special. You didn't mind the prince's presence and he didn't mind yours. You knew that by the age of only 22, you were definitely young to get married. This is only your thinking though your parents think that at your age, you should be married after turning into an adult (16). Luckily your parents weren't cuckoo and didn't plan on 'selling' you off to some older man. Technically not selling off but the fact that they've arranged you on one without your consent, and that they're doing this so that their/your kingdom could be even more powerful than it already is by having another kingdom as a collaborator, all can prove a point.

And now that you're going to formally meet each other, a week before the wedding will take place, you are worried for your life.

The fact that there is already something written on your wrist, and as a matter of fact, you were pretty sure that this was no prince. Judging by the fact on what they will tell you in the future, you were almost 99% sure that this was no prince, the remaining 1% is that you still believe that this was no prince.

Not all miracles could happen unlike what happened to your parents. Both have royal blood in their veins, and as if their prayers were answered, and as if fate had assigned it specifically both to the child of two kings and queens. And then boom, after meeting, they found out that they were soulmates and then boom they had you.

"Your highness, rise and shine! We have to go get you ready for today's afternoon meal." You groan to your maid pulling the thick blanket off of your body. Your eyes barely seeing the hanging clock on your wall. "Shimizu, isn't it too early? It's only 7 o'clock in the morning!" She sighs before making you sit up. "Now, now. We'll have you bathe in rose petals." The expression on your face was something Shimizu had expected. "It's your first formal meeting with his higness, Prince Koutarou! Don't take this too lightly your highness!" You sigh as Shimizu takes you to the bathroom.

...

"Too tight! Too tight!" You yell out in pain as breath was hitched. The corset was being tied by Hitoka as Shimizu spread flour like substance on your cheeks and forehead. The dress you were going to wear was one of the best ones you've seen so far. Since your kingdom had a favoritism to orange and black, usually it'd be a similar colour to that and wearing a white dress. The sleeves were close to hanging off your shoulders, the white puffy sleeves were around your arms as there was a red ribbon tied to your waist. The whole shoulder. Shimizu and Hitoka just stared in awe. "Oh my word! You look so beautiful your highness!" Taking a step infront of the tall oval mirror, you check yourself out. This dress was really pretty, you love how the frills showed the tip of your shoulders, how the gems and shines decorated the dress itself, and how good you looked wearing this dress. At last, Kiyoko pulled you to face towards her as she grabs something from a velvet box and pinned it on the side of your head. You raised your hand to feel what she had just put in your head. "Is this a kanzashi (japaness hairpin)?" Yachi nods as she continues to speak. "Yes, that kanzashi was sent here from the prince. We'd figured that he may want to see you wear this when you two meet."