kageyama x ace! player- "it doesn't matter"

summary: you and kageyama get into an argument. he doesn't understand your point of view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"nice set kageyama!" suga yelled from the sidelines.

hinata went for their signature quick attack and scored another point for the team.

y/n watched from the stands, cheering for her friends. the whole girls' volleyball team was there to cheer them on. 

"the karasuno's boys team is really good!" y/n heard from a guy in the stands.

"yeah, i heard they might even go to nationals." his friend responded.

"do they have a girls' team?" 

"i don't know, i haven't heard much of them, even if they were a thing. i don't think they even have one or they just aren't that good as the boys." 

she sighed, knowing that her team doesn't get the recognition they deserve.

the girls' volleyball team was really talented, but no one seemed to bat an eye at them. not even the school themselves. 

y/n was a first-year on the team, coming from the same school as kageyama. the two of them were very good friends. in middle school, kageyama and y/n would practice together.

but in high school, it seemed that most attention turned to the boys' and kageyama's team, despite y/n being an incredibly skilled setter. it angered her, knowing that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

after the game, the girls' team when to meet the boys' team outside the gym.

"good game guys!" your captain said.

"thanks! i just wished we won the second round, cause then we would have played more." hinata pouted.

y/n laughed at him. 

"hey, it's not funny!" he yelled at her.

"I'm sorry, it's just-" she burst out into another fit of laughter.

"come on y/n we gotta go home." kageyama said, walking towards the street.

she nodded and waved bye to everyone. she ran up to kageyama, walking next to his tall frame.

there was a small silence between the two of them, not awkward but just silence. 

"what did you think of the game?"  kageyama asked, stopping at a nearby vending machine.

"I think i could of beat them." she smirked.

"hey!" he shouted at her, making her smile even more.

"I'm just saying!" she said, holding her hands up.

he shot her a glare and bend down to get his carton of milk.

"but they were a really good team. what was their name?"

"Aoba Johsai." a voice said, from behind y/n.

she turned around meeting a sideways spiked haired boy. next to him was another spiked haired boy but this time with sharper eyes and darker hair.

"oikawa-senpai," the light brown-haired boy said, bowing a bit.

"i know who you are," she said, smiling at him.

"oh? when did i have the pleasure of meeting you?" he said, smirking a bit.

"you went to kitagawa daiichi junior high. i was kageyama's classmate," you said, staring a bit at the other boy Oikawa stood with.