asahi (fluff)

there was a practice match between karasuno and nekoma. as the team prepared to warm up, you and kiyoko got all the equipment ready in the gym before nekoma came.

"kiyoko-san, where is the scoreboard? it's not in the closet/storage room." you said, tilting your head.

"it should be in there. check in the back." she said.

you headed back in the closet room searching for the thing. as you were looking though, a cockroach came out from under the cage of volleyballs. you let out a silent yelp before falling onto your back. unfortunately, as you also closed the door on you.

you quickly tried to get back up and open the door. it didn't budge. you tried crashing into the door, sadly though, your small body was no match. to make matters even worse, the closet door only opens from the outside. great. and just for the little cherry on top, it's soundproof. how f*cking lovely.

you signed in defeat as you knew the boys nor kiyoko would find you till the end of the game. no one dares to go into the storage room except for you and sometimes daichi when he is feeling brave enough.

you sunk to the ground, hoping that someone would notice you were gone or at least the scoreboard was still missing. and the cockroach has suddenly disappeared.

you heard nekoma enter the gym and heard the teams greeting each other. you tired one more fruitless yell for them to break you free. but no one came to your rescue.

you were always one to get scared of the dark. it always made your heart bump faster and palms grow sweaty. the darkness made you feel small and cold, coating your sight with black and uncertainty. you feared anything hiding or living in this room would eat you or kill you.

you curled up into a ball into the corner, hiding you face into your knees. you tried to block out the fear and make yourself believe that nothing what going to happen, but that bravery soon cowered back.

///

asahi pov

I had noticed that by the time nekoma came to the gym, the scoreboard wasn't out. I looked around for kiyoko or y/n but could only find kiyoko.

where did y/n go? I dont think she/he/they had any after school activities today. didnt I just see her a while ago?

I could go off and find her because I had to start the game. I hope she is okay.

/// time skip///

we had just finished the game. both teams played really well, except for kageyama and hinata. they keep arguing, and if y/n was here, she/he/they would of shut them up right about now. kiyoko went through the whole game with just a small whiteboard instead of that scoreboard.

"kiyoko, do you remember seeing y/n today? I thought I saw her but it looks like she/he/they isnt here." i asked.

she shrugged.

"she/he/they was here at the beginning of practice. I asked her/him/them to get the scoreboard but she/he/they never came back. i think she/he/they had to go somewhere last minute."

just as she said that, we heard someone crying from the storage room.

////
back to your point of view

you was shivering when kageyama and hinata came into the storage room. it had grown so cold and you didnt have a jacket, only your skirt/pants with your uniform shirt.

kageyama and hinata stormed in the room startling you. they immediately started yelling, making you more confused. they didnt even notice your shivering figure in the corner of the room.

you started to tear up and sniffle a bit earning the attention of both 1st years who quickly ran over to you.

"y/n, what are you doing in here?" hinata asked.

"dumbass, she/he/they probably got locked in here. come on y/n let's get you out of here." kageyama said, picking you up and placing you on his back.

your icy body on kageyama made him hiss as he carried you out of the room.

everyone rushed up to him, asking him what happened and why their beloved manager was crying.

asahi and daichi quickly took you from him and placed you in their arms. everyone took their jackets off and put it on you.

you held out your arms to asahi, who quickly got the message that you wanted him to hold you.

he smiled at you and helped you into his lap. you snaked your arms around his waist, snuggling your head in his chest.

he blushed at your actions. tanaka and noya saw you as well and immediately sent asahi a sign that they were open to carry you, but he glared and them and placed his head on top of yours. he hugged your closer to his body, glad you were safe and sound.

the rest of the team took into notice you were okay now, just a little freighted. daichi whispered something to suga, making him nod.

"I guess y/n is okay know. we should get going soon. asahi can you take y/n home?" he asked.

he nodded and stood up to go back and change. when he started to move, you held onto him tighter. he giggled at your actions and patted your head. noya went over to you and asahi.

"I can take care of y/n! now go change asahi!"

asahi nodded and quickly went to change. he would take care of you.