ushijima (angst)

you had planned to meet ushijima after his practice at a near by cafe. you waited half a hour, no ushijima. you waited another 30 minutes, no one. one more hour passed, no sign, text, call or ushijima to be seen. you sent him another text with the address, thinking he got lost or something.

the workers there noticed that you have been waiting for someone for 2 hours at this point. they felt bad and offered you a dessert. once a waiter brought over a plate of goodies, you pulled out your wallet.

"oh no need to pay. a pretty lady like you gets it on the house." he said smiling at you.

after persisting you pay, you gave up and the man left with a smile knowing you didn't pay. while eating you waited 15 minutes, hoping he was just extremely late, but still no sign of him.

you signed and got up from your seat. you thanked the workers for being so nice to you. you walked out from the cafe, a cold breeze hit your shoulders. you cursed at yourself for not bringing a jacket, only have your uniform and a skirt on.

you walked back home, hoping ushijima was at these over there. you rushed home, wanting to beat the coldness nipping at your skin.

you opened the door and meet the warm air of the house. you signed and walked over to your living room. you were met with a ushijima on his phone. you frowned at him, but quickly changed into a smile when he looked up at you.

he gave you a small smile before turning back to his phone.

"where were you? you were out for a couple of hours." he said, not looking up.

"I was waiting at the cafe for you. but you never showed up..." you said, giving him a sad look.

he looked up at you, shocked. it was almost as if he forgot he was supposed to meet you there.

"that was today? oh I am so sorry babe! I had my phone off until a couple of minutes ago. I am so sorry." he said, turning his attention back to his phone.

he didn't sound sorry at all. you could say he probably didn't care.

"ushijima." you said, plainly.

he looked up at you, waiting for you to continue.

"I am sick and tired of you forgetting about me! I mean, I feel like I am always a second option! you know what? not even a second option! I am always the last option for you! I want to be loved by you but you never even pay attention to me!" you yelled.

ushijima looked angry. really really angry. his face turned into a boulder. he looked like he was going to explode.

"I told you! I told you when we started this relationship, I don't always have time for you! I have other priorities too y/n! you are just so self absorbed! it always about you! you need attention! you need me! you need you need you need!" he said, standing up. ushijima emphasized the last part, coming closer to you. you were backed into a wall, ushijima cornering and staring down at you.

"I need to play volleyball, whether you like it or not. unlike you I am not so clingy and forgetful. I never forget what I have to do. I know my job and you should too. you can't get that inside your selfish mind can you though?" he spat at you. you flinched at his words, hitting you like bullets in the heart. you looked down at your feet.

you were now backing up away from him, scared of what you have started. but you weren't going to back down just yet.

"I am self absorbed? me? who cleans up after you? who gives you your lunch when you forget yours? who drives you to outside games and tournaments? who takes care of you when your sick? tell me ushijima!" you yelled back at him.

he looked down at you.

"do you even know what today is?" you asked him.

he shook his head. you gave him a dead laugh. a salty taste came to your mouth, tears started to fall.

"happy one year ushijima. I just knew you would forget."