Part 14

My heart was pumping how dare. She embarrassed me. I gave Lydia a smile and sat there in those bleachers, waiting for the last half of the game. Not because I was frozen, but I was angry, but to show everyone here, she did not get under my skin.

"Hey, Bree. It must suck to be you; your own boyfriend, doesn't want you wearing his jersey." That little groggy voice spoke. Guess she was Lydia's friend, the way they were giggling. I saw red, then I opened my mouth before I even thought.

"Who said I wanted to wear, his jersey in the first place. He didn't even touch the field, this whole time." Everyone gasped around me.

"That is your boyfriend. How dare you humiliate, him like that?" Lydia spoke in a heated tone of voice.

 How dare I humiliate him like that? The fact he  gave his jersey, to Lydia instead of me tells me everything I need to know. So if he wants to embarrass me. I will pay him back, with humiliation. An eye for an eye.

"Who even said we were together? That's why he gave you that jersey, because you are second, best when it comes to me." Everyone was looking at us. Guess we were the half time show.

"Thats not true." Ally, her bestie that's always, there at lunch. Tried to console Lydia.

Than Analia swiftly came to my defense. "We didn't want to say anything; but your friend, over there, was proud sloppy seconds."  Lydia and her friends all turned around. I couldn't hide the, smirk on my face.

"Why am I always, caught in the middle of some drama? "Colton sigh.

"Well, dang Colton I would happily, trade places with you. Unlike you I always miss the drama." Bowie settled right next to me. I was shocked to see him; I gave him a hug while Colton gave him, a bro shake. He just sat down after that; he didn't acknowledge Analia. I really need a sit-down conversation with her: about Ace, Bowie, and the window thing. It's just the craziness of my life, that won't allow it. I could feel the eyes, were on  me. 

As I look at Tolan on the benches, I could feel my blood boil. Suddenly my ego tugged, at my mouth to change the conversation. 

"How long have you guys been dating?"  I turn to look at Bree. She breaks her eye contact, with the field.

"WHAT! Who's dating what are you talking about" She seemed agitated because ......Well I don't really know the teams were neck and neck.

I tugged on her shirt. Her agitation turned into a wide smile. " We were just talking, ever since you introduced us. We exchanged numbers, but we are  not dating."  Analia had a huge smile on her face. It's as if happiness was transferring from her to me.

Suddenly I felt a smile creep on   my face " Are you going to the party Bree?" As Bowie presented  that question, my smile came crashing down "NO, I'm not going. I'm not trying to run into Tolan."

I  could feel the tension between  Lia and Bowie. As he just talked over her. Lia rolled her eyes and gave her attention to the field.

" So you guys just broke up. You don't think he deserves a conversation? Don't you think you are just a little dramatic. " Bowie tried to reason. 

"You don't know the whole story,  he gave his jersey to that...that tomatoed pasted headed girl." My  anger was starting to comfort me.

Every time I would try and enjoy the game. I would catch a glimpse, of that red headed witch.

GAPS

Both Analia and Colton jumps up with the crowd. That broke me out of the conversation, I was having with Bowie.

"Did you see that!" Colton starts to yell "My boy!"  

"Is he okay?"  Analia sounded

Wait what happened

I see my brother Arden, on the ground. I jump up instinctively and, I started speeding like a bullet, down the bleachers.

He was lying in a fetus position, with a scrunch up face. That only increased  my speed.  Teammates started to surround him.

 "Sorry no one, is allowed on this field." A man in black stood in my way. Like a wall. Lia rushes to my side, with  a  phone in her hand. 

"Sorry only players no other, people will be allowed." The man continued. "It's okay man  there with me." Ace affirmed, the man moved a side and let us through. I rushed down,  I uttered  a little thank you to him, but I left them both behind.

Arden was hoping towards the benches, while leaning on two other players. They placed him on the bench.

 I ran towards him  and gave him a hug and I start  blabbing, and asking him, if he is okay.

" I'm fine. Just calm down."  I could see the suffering written, all over his face. He had a hand over his stomach.

The coach stood in front, of us. As the team surrounded, my brother and me. My brother jumped up.  " I can still play coach." Than winced right after  and sat down.

" Sure you can." Coach said while, rolling his eyes. "Sorry for doing this to you. You can sit this  game out."

" You can't do this to me ... This is my last game their scouts." My brother Arden starts to go off.

" Look  your health comes first." Coach expressed vexedly.  I tried  to side with coach, but as soon as I made a sound.

My brother  turned his head so fast . I was surprised his head didn't snap off. So I just kept my mouth shut.

" You can't do this to me...." Arden protested.

" Enough .. Tolan get on the field." Than coach walked away.  I have never seen him this upset.

You could see the  anger  erupting like a Volcano. As he was making eye contact with the coach.

As I follow his line of sight. As he  walks away.

" My son my son" I hear my dad with a burning intensity. He engulfs my brother in a hug.

My brother immediately pushes him off, "I'm good. Bree I'm going to the locker room to grab my stuff." I wave bye to both, as my father followed him.

Someone seems to have been gazing intently, at the side of my head. I turn around to discover Tolan standing there. My heart begins to pound like a drum. I begin to get irrational thoughts.

He starts to come up to me. Not abandoning eye contact. I felt like I was a deer in the headlights.  I was...I was ensnared, in his gaze as opposed to being stranded on a road.