Part 8 First date (2)

If he deleted it when ....would he had the chance.

So  I decided to call my brother cause, I did not want to be a liar.'' Hello.'' He answered out of breath.'' It's Bree, I am going to be a little late, mom says she is going to be back at 1 or 2. I forgot what she said. Okay bye." My mega me wanted to say something, but I ended the call.

I opened the tent door and  poked my head out to say. "Come in I'm done" 

''Hey are you cold? Take my jersey.'' He handed me his jersey, as he stepped in the tent into the warmth, I took his jersey.  ''Here is your phone back.'' He shook his head ''No keep it.''

I clutched onto my invisible pearls, gave a forced smile ''Forever.'' He gave me another toothy grin. ''No silly." He clarified

''I like it when you smile like that.'' I said to him absent mindedly. He kissed me on the cheek ''Why.'' I mustered up the most honest response, '' cause you look carefree.'' He took my hand and kissed it. We both laid, on the blanket in silence. I  laid on his chest to hear his heartbeat.

So how am I going to ask him about Lydia's calls. I don't want him to know, I was going through his phone without his permission. Even though, that is what I did.

''Honey, you think I am stupid right, I know.'' Tolan started.

 "What ?''I sat up to look at him, his hands behind his head.''

'Ground please, open up and swallow me.' I mentally prayed

Okay I need to play this off as, if it's no big deal ."Um... what do you mean?''  he wrapped his arms around me.

"I know something is bothering you. I just don't know what." Arden spoke.

 "Well, now that  you mention it. Who was the organizer, you where talking about the other day at my house? When you mentioned earlier, it was only Bowie that helped you. " My brain instantly thought of an excuse.