Part 13

I could feel their words all over me as I stood in line. Analia and I were in line so we could buy snacks, the cheerleaders were doing the opening cheer for the game. I checked my phone for no new messages from Tolan. I was texting Colton back and forth and he was reminding, me of what snacks he specifically wanted.

"Hi, Bree. Where is Tolan? You guys good?" It was some random student. Before I could respond.  Lia responded. "Obviously, he is in the locker-room getting ready for the game." She had a whole bag of snacks and she pulled my arm towards our seats.

I could tell Lia wanted to talk about it, but that was the least of my desires. I didn't want to give these people more ammunition to use against me. 

"Wow did you buy the whole kiosk?" Lia giggled at my question. "Kinda but It was for my friend and she deserves this right now." 

I am having my first match next week, so I can't eat all these candies." I told Analia

"You worked super hard plus one night won't kill you." I was hesitant, but  I ate them. She passed me the bag and kept walking. 

BUZZ BUZZ

My phone vibrated in my pockets; I was too lazy to, pull my phone out of my pocket.

" Did   you ask him to wear his jersey? " She stopped walking and turned around to look at me. I was caught off guard with that question 

" Yeah at that pep rally thing, my brother did for me. I asked him can I wear your jersey, and he answered back, "Anytime you want." I tried to mimic his voice towards the end.

" See but you never asked him for the game." She TRIED TO DEFEND HIM

" Are you defending him. Plus, I shouldn't have to tell him. We all know that extra jersey is used for it's tradition.

"No, I am not DEFENDING him. Yes, I know the tradition of the extra jersey." We were getting closer to the bleachers.

"I think he did it to spite me maybe he found.....out about the call. Then he realized that he loved her. This is their way of getting back at me." I started to run a hand over my hair thinking, of all the scenarios in my mind of how they will expose me.

Lia stopped in front of me and rubbed my shoulders. "Calm down not everyone has an evil master plan. Planned all the time."

I looked Lia dead in the eyes." I don't trust that Lydia character." I maneuvered my way out her grip and went up the stairs. Taking in deep breaths to control my breathing.

I heard a little bubble notification sound. Coming from Lia's phone, guess it was her phone. She ignored it to.

" Look I believe you, she is sly. But I can't say the same for Tolan." I just took a sip of my drink; because fighting with her at this time is like throwing, your last resources in a fire. When you in your time of dire need.

The players were already on the field playing their little hearts out. Colton was so engrossed in the game. I came and sat down next to him, passed him his snacks. You could tell his attention was all on the game in front of him.

 He swiftly pull out his phone and put it back. "Both of you check your messages."

I opened my phone and I saw. I got a bunch of notifications from Gibbet, I ignored them and went straight to his  message.

Sitting in the row directly in front of us. Are scouts from my university. Keep praising Arden playing with his jersey number. Which is the number 12

It touches my heart that Colton was going out his way to help make Arden's dream a reality. Currently Grandview university is the best university for football players. It is where Colton goes. It's been his dream for years to attend there. It is in Seattle. I hope Lia and I can be friends like That forever. 

Lia and I did as he said. We really didn't have to pretend he was good. I cheered the loudest out of everyone in the crowd every time he touches the ball; but it didn't matter how good he was the or team was better. I was pulling my hairs. Oddly, enough Lydia kept looking back at me with a smirk; and no I was not checking for her, Colton brought it to my attention. Than I would hit him on the back, of his head every time he would. It happened a total of three times he learned quick

As time went on. We were at our third time out. I was wondering was Tolan not allowed to play . Maybe not wearing his jersey was a blessing anyway.

The cheerleaders were doing their thing on the field. The were so energetic, they were really trying to lift our team's spirt.

"These Tigers are something else. I don't know if our Eagles can beat them." Analia commented. Colton nodded

"Guys we only down 15 points they can still do it." I SAID OPTAMISTICALLY " PLUS Arden WORKEDC SO HARD WE GOING TO WIN FOR SURE."

" Arden isn't the only man on that team. He can work as hard as he wants to, but if the other Eagles did not put in the work.......then it's useless." Colton added on his words of wisdom.

"This is his last game; they have to win. Trust me they will pull through......" I continued to motivate

"WOW.." Lia gasped. 

"Wait what is it." I asked. Analia looked at me as if she got caught stealing. "It's nothing....... it's just the game." She lied

I looked her dead in her face. She sighed and passed me the phone.

My heart fell to my stomach. The floor opened and swallowed me. 

It was a picture of Lydia in Tolan's jersey, with me in the background. That was not even, the finisher, the caption read.

Out here supporting my man 

I felt sick and I wanted to go home