Part 10

I punched the wall. The sharped tooth creature of rejection subsided, but another one reared his ugly head, don't know if it is annoyance or anger. Still don't know which one it is.

I ran a hand over my face

"Let me guess Lydia? Huh Bree? "I pulled out my phone fumbling with it.

"Look at what she ...she wrote, under your comment." I showed her the comment, as I stuttered "Wait how did you know it was her?''  I questioned Lia.

"I didn't know Bree. It was just a wild, yet accurate guess." She proudly sums it up, but I know Lydia, is not the only person that triggered these emotions.

"I swear she is doing this to get under my skin." I  exploded. Lia was quiet for a moment, She was thinking intensely. "Or is trying to get Tolan's attention, you did mention she said something  along those lines. Tolan stopped answering her calls after lunch." Analia explained.

I was confused at Lia's claims. "Maybe it was just a for the date he ignored her." She still had an intense look on her face, "Or maybe something else happened?" I pondered on her words. "Really think, what else stills survives in your memory?" I scrunched up my face. 

"Why did you have to word it like that?" My lips were see-sawing, between a frown and a smile. She rolls her eyes" are you really going to act, as if  you have the best memory."

I wanted to argue, but I knew she  was right.

I thought for a good minute, but nothing came to mind. "Analia nothing comes to ..oh ." Like a ton of bricks, it weighed heavily on me. "I remember her saying you chose her over me. Do you think a conversation took place? After lunch and before our date" I knew we were on to something. Lia  nods her head ,"yeah because think about it. Because nobody ironically misses 14 miss calls for fun. And nobody calls 14 times for fun. Or goes off like that for fun." The more I think about it the more it rings true.

"Should I ask him, Lia?" 

"I would, but just don't be to, clear as day about it."  Lia suggested

My phone, vibrated it was Tolan" Um, Lia. Arden asked me to meet him on the field. Right now." She started to grab her things.

" What is on the field? Why does he want you there?" Analia scrunched her face in confusion.

 "There is only one way to find out. I walked out the door and Lia followed me out

-------------

"Why do you think, the corridors are empty?"  I questioned Lia "I don't know." I pushed open the door, which leads to the field. The football team was in full uniform, and so were the cheerleaders. "There she is our next Dragon." I saw Arden yelling over the mic.

I saw the familiar senior football team, standing in uniform. The two sophomores joined them for their last game, my boyfriend Tolan and his best friend Ace. Then out of nowhere, one of the guys in uniform roared. Everyone stopped to look at him. Then out of nowhere all of them dropped to one knee.

One Player starts BREE IS the best. The rest repeat

The player continued SHE CAN'T BE BEAT. The rest of the players repeat

The player continued OF COURSE SHE WON'T ACCEPPT DEFEAT. The rest of the players repeat.

They all erupted in cheers. I felt so special, the way the football team supported me.