Part 16

Colton looked between us. Probably wondering should he get involve or not. I rather, him not.

" I'll meet you outside Colton." I rubbed his shoulder and gave him a subtle shove.

" He's not the reason why I'm avoiding you. Plus why do you care what I'm doing?" I told him off.

" I' m worried about you. Cause you my girlfriend ...or at least you were." He turned around to walk off.

" How dare you try and act like a victim. After you and Lydia made. Me look stupid."

" What are you talking about...." Tolan stopped mid sentence. "You are crazy. If you upset about her tutoring me."

People started stopping and watching us. They didn't make a circle or anything, but I did feel they, had their eyes on us.

I guess Tolan sensed my discomforted, and pulled me into the hallway. Than he pulled me into a bedroom. Closed the door.

"You had tutoring classes with Lydia? What else have you been hiding?" I inquired calmly.

" I'm not hiding a thing?"

" Than you would have told me. Especially when you, know how I feel about her. It's like you and your best friend go out, of your way to make me look dumb." I said while rolling my eyes.

" Get over yourself you don't see me getting upset, with you spending time together with Bowie. Plus that weirdly, close relationship you have with Colton. Don't think I didn't see you guys, in the bleachers. With your head on his shoulder." He stopped to take a deep breath. "Look the only reason, I asked her help. Was because I was failing APA math."

"Well you don't see. Bowie and Colton trying to get in the middle, of our relationship. Like tell me what was, the reason for Lydia wearing your jersey." I sat down on the bed.

" Is this what it's all about a jersey. A STUPID jersey. So, you going to jump into Colton's arms cause of a jersey." Tolan followed behind  towards the bed he stood across from where I was sitting.

" Don't start. At least Colton and Bowie appreciate me. YOU DON'T EVEN WEAR THAT BRACELET I GAVE YOU! I took a breath I turned around "You would rather wear that string. Then my bracelet I gave you. So do you blame me for being insecure?" i took a breath to calm myself. Then I continued  "If the jersey is so stupid, why not just let your girlfriend wear it?"

He didn't move back, he stared me down. "I did. The reason, why she had the jersey was because she took it by accident. Yesterday it was on my arm chair." He ran a hand through his hair, as he spoke. "She texted me in the afternoon, she had it and will return it to me. But I told her she, should just give it to you."

" Than why didn't you text me to let me know. Or texted me at all?" I questioned him

" I miss placed my phone during practice. And I was looking for you before the game. Eddy gave it to me couple minutes ago "

I tilted my head in  confusion, " Were you looking for me? To give me the jersey  o to tell me Lydia had it?"

"No." He scoffed," for a good luck and a kiss cause I needed that from you. CAUSE YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO ME." He rubbed my shoulder " Plus I thought you would wear, your brother's jersey or something like that." Tolan tried to comfort me. "The reason why I didn't look for you was, because after that little altercation at the game shared you needed time to cool off."

I have never felt, so speechless. Perhaps I overreacted.

"Look I don't care what Lydia or anyone else does. You are my girlfriend we should, use our words to communicate. Only my words and direct actions should, get you upset at me. Not assumptions ." He took my hands in his, and kissed them.