Memoirs

A few days passed since Lancer or Cú Chulainn was summoned back to the side of his Master; who sought the Holy Grail once more. And though others would rush to the battlefield, anxious to see the skill of the Servants. Cereys Erwood was different. Instead the young Master remained in her private study. A shamble of a room, it's walls lined in hundreds of books and tomes. Passed down to Cereys by her father; all the knowledge her entire family had come to. Lay within this very room; and it was up to Cereys to put this knowledge to good use. Hoping to have an upper hand in this "Grail War". She was mostly seen in this very room; sitting behind a worn mahogany desk. The surface stacked to the brim with countless books filled with incantations and runes. Weapons that Cereys Erwood wished to use in this war. A source of old magic; and something that Cú Chulainn always admired. The use of runes was quite close to his heart; as the Servant himself was known to use runes in battle. It was one of the lesser skills in his arsenal; yet even so Cú used them. But Cereys did not only use them; no she seemed to breathe life into them.

Her own iron clad will swirling within every rune she drew; giving Cereys more power than any Magus of her kind. And that was all due to her iron clad will; for Lancer knew the moment he layed eyes on the "other" Cereys Erwood. She was indeed worthy of his spear. Lancer would strike down Cereys's foes with his crimson spear. His very body would be her shield; pain would be foreign to her. This Lancer swore, clenching his right hand into a fist. Lancer swore this only his very name Cú Chulainn that he would not fail his Master. She would not only conquer above all others; but she would live. Cú Chulainn would be graced with that rare yet mesmerizing smile of hers that caused his own heart to flutter. Cereys would enjoy the life she was once denied. Yes; Cú Chulainn would ensure this. Even if his soul was devoured as payment. It mattered not. As long as she lived. Yes. That was all that drove the servant, his own wish dear to his heart.

With a storm of thoughts making themselves known to him; Cú Chulainn enjoyed his walk down the barren hallway of the Erwood estate. The wooden walls surely giving way to rot, as every step alone caused the floor to creak ceaselessly. Though this was not a bother to Cú Chulainn, however it was something his Master strove to fix in an singularity. One where Cereys Erwood bowed deeply before Cú Chulainn. Her brunette locks draping over her shoulders, with her head lowered she apologized. Stating that this was not somewhere fitting of a "Heroic Spirit" as he. Though Cú Chulainn commented that where she lived did not matter to him. As long as her desire for the Holy Grail was indeed a true one; he would fight by her side. However Cereys shook her head informing Lancer that she would begin fixing up her home. She was a stubborn one, she always was. As the very next morning, after being allowed to maintain a physical form due to Cereys's mana. Lancer awakened to his new Master; her brunette locks tied back in a high ponytail. While a single azure earring hung from her left ear. She looked up towards Cú Chulainn, flashing her the first of few yet meaningful smiles. With a light sigh Lancer commenter how stubborn his new Master was. "Though I guess it's not that bad." He missed causing Cereys to giggle gleefully. Something even she had rarely heard from herself. It was Lancer and his carefree attitude that brought forth the woman whom he had fallen for. And now he was given another chance, more opportunities to make her smile. To hold her, to ensure that all would be well in this war.

Brushing his right hand across the worn wood of the walls, Cú Chulainn soon found himself at the door of his Master's study. A plethora of candle light danced about the room. While Cereys sat, a large book in hand as her azure eyes scanned it's many pages. Her legs crossed at her desk, a place where Cereys truly felt herself. Making his presence known, Lancer knocked on the doorframe. Causing Cereys to glance up from her book, saving her place in it with a bookmark. "I've come to check on you, My Master. You haven't left this room for days." Lancer commented genuine concern evident in his tone, causing even Cereys to close the book in her hands. She could not betray a small smile forming upon her lips as she looked to her tall and handsome servant. His eyes found herself and Cereys felt as if the world around her were spinning. Her mind always in a haze at the mere sight of Lancer. This sensation was a new one to her, though she did not dislike it. Infact for some reason she felt herself tilting ever closer to it. Seeking its source. The true reason behind it. "You shouldn't worry yourself over me; I can handle a few days without sleep." Cereys mused though infact she spoke the truth. As for years she would go on benders as one would say. Pouring into one book after another. At times she would not even eat or sleep for 7 days straight. Completely engrossed in the knowledge of magecraft.

Cú Chulainn released a light sight, his hand much larger than Cereys's trailing down to her cheek. It was then that she realized just how lovely his hands were. As the brave hero had trained for quite a time with the Goddess Scáthach. His hand were worn, from days under the beaming sun. Practicing each thrust of his weapon, his palms were covered in callouses that of a warrior. And ones that Cereys found herself drawn to most of all. Everything about him was inviting, warm and almost familiar. "Your health and safety is what matters to me, my Master. You need rest for the upcoming battles." Cú Chulainn pressed knowing of the hard headedness that was unique to his dear master. Cereys seemed to almost pout, inflating her cheeks abit before releasing a sigh of defeat. "Fine— but just this once." Cereys declared before marching pass the amused Cú Chulainn who couldn't help but to chuckle. But as his lovely Master swept into the hallway. Cú Chulainn smiled meekly to himself "Thank you for listening to me this once; my Master." He breathed, hoping with all his being that he would be allowed another day with his beloved Master. No matter how trivial. All time with her was precious to him.