Disconnect

Though Lancer had anticipated speaking to his Master about further battle tactics. He found himself swept up in the tidal wave of emotion that belonged to Cereys. Her tears which stained his chest, her unrelenting sobs that wrecked his very soul. The warriors large arms surrounded the trembling Cereys; his heart amiss with emotions Cù had struggled to keep at bay. For his sake and her own. And yet seeing his beloved in such a manner. Tears streaming down her lovely cheeks, her smile was vacant. And instead in it's place was a sorrowful expression that caused Cù's heart to ache. How he wished to kiss away the tears that dared to mar radiant face.

Lancer closed his eyes momentarily to compose himself, his right hand moving to caress the cheek of his Master. His calloused hand bringing a sense of reassurance to Cereys as she soon found her tears leaving her. What was it about this man? This servant which caused her heart to ease? Why? Slowly Cereys dared to tilt her heard upwards to meet to crimson eyes of Lancer. Her stomach seeming to be jumping about her insides. And yet she moved pressing her head into the crook of Lancer's neck. Causing the Servant to cease his movements as he could swear his blood was pumping loudly in his ears.

Cereys whispered into Lancer's neck, inhaling his masculine scent. Her words alone causing Lancer to tremble under the beauty of his Master's words. "Stay with me; just alittle longer Cú." His name rolled off of her tongue with such ease. Such grace that Cú fell to his knees before his Master. Tears streaming down the Hero's cheeks at a familiar scene. One that haunted Cu Chulainn every waking moment.

As the moment washed over the Servant once more; where his previous Master whom had stolen his heart as well. The one who shared the name of his current Master; Cereys Erwood. Her warm smile radiated from the breathtaking woman as she closed the door to her bedroom. Her hesitant gaze upon the ground as she braced herself for what was to come. Without any further hesitation Cereys Erwood closed the distance between herself and Cu Chulainn. Her hands reaching to caress his handsome face; causing the Servant to go weak in the knees.

He watched his daring Master; no this woman. She then brought Lancer's large arm to her waist, still refusing to make eye contact with him. And yet she continued, pressing her head into the crook of this man. One who had fallen for her at a mere glance. "Stay with me; just alittle longer Cú." Her voice was sweet as any honey Cú had ever tasted. And her smile was what made his heart swell. Overcome with emotion for a moment, the Servant controlled himself. Instead placing his larger hand atop of Cereys's head. She opened her mouth to object, he was sure. However she was silenced by a sensation of warmth upon her forehead. One that Lancer had delivered to the now blushing Master.

Lancer smirked towards his bold Master, bringing the entrancing woman into an embrace. Her back to him as he whispered. "Gladly; My Master."

Lancer was brought back to reality by the sound of his Master's voice; riddled with concern for him. Lowering his head Lancer apologized for his actions before slowly rising to his feet. Unable to look the woman in the eye. Alarmed at his sudden change in demeanor Cereys spoke up. Her voice filled with anguish and confusion. "What's wrong? Did I- Did I do something wrong?" Lancer stopped in the doorway, his back to his Master. All the while hot tears slid down his cheeks. "No, it wasn't anything you did." "Then why?!" Cereys cried out. Her sudden outburst forcing Lancer to turn to the woman. Now seeing the distraught beauty before him, crumbling in the wind.

Cereys stood before him in a fit of tears, clutching onto her heart as she cried out. Though she did not know the source of her anguish. She cried. She sobbed Lancer's name into the air, demanding an answer. "Why? Why are you leaving me?" Cereys sobbed once again causing an unpleasant memory to play once more. Where his previous Master filled with sorrow crumbled to her knees. The sight tightening Cú's chest as she whispered "Why are you leaving me? I-I thought you felt the sameway. I thought you loved me!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, while Lancer remained silent. His eyes glued to the ground below.

His body trembling as he fought back his own tears of frustration. Of course he loved her. Of course he did not want to leave her. But that was not the point. He was a Servant and she was a Master. There was no way in any reality that a relationship like there's would bloom. No. It would only leave heartache for the both of them. But worst for his Master. One who would never stop until she met him again. "Answer me Cú! Was it all a lie?! All those times....did they mean nothing to you?!" Lancer continued in silence, now turning his back to his Master. His movement was swift as he made his way to the doorway. The darkness hiding his own sorrow as he spoke.

"Im a Servant and your my Master. That's all this should have ever been." The words tasted wrong in his mouth and stung all who heard them. Cereys visibly shook at the words, her tears nonstop as she sobbed into the air. Once again Lancer was brought back to the present by his Master's words. "Answer me Lancer!" She shouted causing Lancer to wince at the harsh tone. "Forgive me; my Master. But I cannot—not ever." His words struck Cereys with unseen malice that made the woman grow silent. Covering her mouth as she sobbed in silence. The sight Lancer was sure was a horrid sight. But he could not make the same mistakes prior. His love had caused his lover's untimely demise. And he refused to repeat history. No matter if she hated him.

Swallowing a lump in his throat Lancer closed the bedroom door behind him. Pressing his back to the door where Cereys's sobs were ever previlant. While Lancer allowed his own tears to fall in the darkness.