Lingering Thoughts

Cereys Erwood gently pulled the sleeves of her trademark dark blue coat. She released a pent of breathe she had been holding in for a time. Now was not the time for hesitation. It was as Lancer; no Cú had told her. His unwavering trust in her abilities as a Mage. He believed in her, even when she did not believe in herself. Gave her a confidence push in the right direction; and even shared in her achievement. He was indeed someone to her. Someone that both made Cereys smile and grieve at the same time. Someone who's smile was so confident and reassuring. And yet Cereys could not help to become lost and concerned about it.

There was always something within Lancer, bubbling just beneath the surface. Reaching out for Cereys, almost beckoning her to reach out. To understand. To know what was underneath all his smug banter and grins. But what was it? And most importantly did Cereys wish to know? She found herself taking  step closer to her Servant. Mentally of course with her hands stretched out to the man clad in blue. Seeking to embrace him, to see all that was to see about the man. The heart of gold and valor which caused Cereys's own heart to tremble. Even tonight as the eve of their battle drew near, Cereys found her mind occupied with thoughts of her partner.

Cereys was well aware of how unprofessional this was for someone like her. Someone who was about to put their life on the line in battle. Quietly the young woman pressed her hands to her chest. Her mind filled with thoughts of the breathtaking warrior in blue. A man with such a playful yet charismatic smile that brought Cereys to her knees. She would fight by his side. Together the two would earn a much needed victory against Shinji Matou and Rider.

For some reason Cereys was quite confident in this. She was well aware of Lancer's skill in battle; and with her advanced Rune craft at her disposal. Cereys felt that victory was surely to come. With a small smile on her lips, Cereys turned on her heels. Marching through the front door of her home where through the thick snow at her side appeared her companion. Lancer. His expression ever calm perhaps in order to qwell his Master's own minor worries.

Lancer held an unrivaled confidence in his Master. Something he displayed by placing a reassuring hand upon Cereys's shoulder. Bringing her lovely deep blue eyes to his crimson ones. He simply could not help himself. The handsome man tilting Cereys's head up slightly. Completly captivating the gorgeous woman before him. Time seemed to almost standstill around the two. The flurry of snow fall becoming that of a distant memory. Leaving the entire area with floating snowflakes which ripped about the air. Cereys noticed this and yet she could not bring herself to break her gaze from Lancer. Finding her own hands moving to their own accord. Tugging the tall man closer to Cereys's smaller form.

Lancer smiled momentarily to himself, relishing the small moment with her. The woman whom had stolen his breath away not once but twice. A woman who's continued courage and growth only drew him closer to her. Something that Cú both desired and feared. But for this moment, just this once he would ignore his growing fear. No. He would hold his Master; his woman in his arms again. An act that would always bring a smile and much needed flow of mana between Master and Servant. Thought more intimate act would increase both Servant and Master's Mana exponentially. Cú would never pressure Cereys to do such a thing. This was good for now. No this was all he truly needed. Her touch. Her presence. Everything that was Cereys. Cú pressed his forehead against that of Cereys. The act alone causing crimson to creep up her cheeks.

Cereys opened her mouth to speak only to feel a sudden shift in her own Mana. It was gentle at first but soon came upon her like a tidal wave. Sweeping Cereys in a sea of Mana. A sea of Mana of which Cereys felt strangely familiar to the young mage. Feeling her body float among the sea of immense Mana, Cereys was gently tugged back to the present by Lancer himself. Who too seemed to have been emersed in the Mana as well temporarily. His hands were clasped upon Cereys's as their energies coexisted with one another. The two interlocked with one another. Smiles were upon both of their faces as Cereys found herself daringly on her toes leaning towards Lancer. His sweet breath upon her lips which Cereys enjoyed. Perhaps too much as her arms were soon wrapped around Cú's neck. And Lancer would not be the one to stop his Master.

No. How could he? Why would he? With his Lancer scooped the curvaceous Cereys into his arms. The two refusing to break eye contact. Lancer effortlessly intertwined their fingers. The powerful Servant moving to plant a tender kiss upon his blushing Master's cheek. This simple action caused Cereys's skin to prickle with excitement. Her heart thumping loudly in her chest, so much that she swore Lancer could hear it as well. "Let's do this, Cereys." Lancer stated with a charming grin which made Cereys nearly swoon. With her arms wrapped around his neck, Cereys nodded. Enjoying the fact that Lancer had called her by her name. A name that sounded so right coming from his lips. Both Master and Servant zipped across the snow filled skies of Japan.

Lancer's grip upon Cereys so tight, she had no need to fear falling. She trusted him. And this both scared and thrilled the young woman. For a brief moment she pressed her head to Lancer's chest. Listening for his steady heartbeat which made her smile. Gently landing on the ground below, Cereys's was placed on the ground by Lancer. Standing by her side with a confident expression on his face. It filled Cereys with a sense of joy, the thrill of fighting by his side. An equal in his eyes. But why did she want this? Was it in order to strengthen their bond as Master and Servant? Or was it for selfish reasons?

Cereys grasped onto her head, groaning in anguish as images flashed before her eyes. Things that once again she did not understand. A battle. Blood. And the feet of a woman she assumed. Blood covered. What was this? "Cereys!" Lancer called out frantically for his Master, delivering her back to reality. Her once confident demeanor now that of a confused child. She trembled even as she turned her attention to him. What had happened to his Master? Yet before Lancer could speak the annoying clapping of annoying voice pierced the air. "Looks like you two actually showed up, your done for this time." Spat a confident Shinji, who's Servant still clad in purple in black stood by his side. Remaining silent once more the female servant held out her chain like weapon in the air before slamming it into the ground below. Causing a piller of crimson light to emit around the corner woman.

She remained quiet as the intense mana pierced through the very clouds as well. Soon splitting off into four opposite directions creating a large barrier around the entire area. This alarmed Cereys as she could still feel the presence of innocent people trapped as well. Regaining her composure Cereys raised her voice. Irritation filled her"You've trapped innocent people in here with us, what do you intend to do Shinji?" Cereys spat as Shinji cracked a sinister grin before he answered. "What else is my Servant going to feed on?" The question and answer was clear for all to see. It sickened Lancer who could see Cereys's anger. "Lancer." "Yes, my Master?" "Take out his Servant, I don't want a single innocent life taken. Understood?" "My, you do have high standards don't ya?" Lancer commented before twirling his lance with ease and aiming it at the enemy Servant. "But I like that about you." Lancer mused before disappearing before Cereys's sight, leaving a crater the size of his feet behind him. Soon the enemy Servant was occupied with Lancer. Which left Shinji to Cereys. She could do this. She believed in herself. Lancer believe in her. And with him by her side, she could accomplish anything.