Fragment of Regret

Dedicated to @Freerunner4427

Sleep claimed the body of Cereys Erwood; the young magus drifting into the confounds of her dreams. Dreams; something very sacred for both Magus and Servant was something Cereys had never bore witness to. The bound forged between ones who had fought bravely in battle. Their backs to one another. Trust above all within each other. It was with this energy that could indeed spark a certain phenomenon to occur within the Master. Becoming a catalyst for their servants emotions and memories. This event was both sought after and feared. As many Masters had come to madness after such a feat; while others had gained knowledge and capabilities beyond their years. Even winning the "Holy Grail" in their times. But for Cereys Erwood, a young woman who had indeed already become a Master in another Singularity. Certain complications are bound to occur; be it in her own dreams or reality itself. Cereys Erwood was no ordinary Master no matter how much she believed it so. Even so as the sleep entrapped the young woman; as did a certain shockwave of magic which sparked within the sleeping woman.

Drawing the attention of not only her faithful servant; but the enemy whom waited to attack at any given moment. A vibrant azure aura covered the slumbering Cereys from head to toe; the light was gentle. Almost inviting as Cú Chulainn darted into the bedroom of his Master. His chest heaving up and down at the alarming sight. Though he felt no ill intent Cú Chulainn was sure this sudden spasm of magecraft would come to pass. However Cú Chulainn was eager for this event to end, as he could sense the approach of an enemy Heroic Spirit. And due to circumstances unknown to even himself, Cú was unable to fully emerse himself within his true power. As of now he was barely able to summon his weapon of choice his beloved "Gae Bolg" to his side. Cú Chulainn had noticed this defect days prior. Indeed keeping this secret to himself, not wishing to worry or fail his Master. Never again. Gritting his teeth, Cú slammed his right fist into a nearby wall. Causing a gaping hole of shattered wood to take shape. Why did this have to happen to him? Why had he been summoned with such lack of power? Was it a consequence for his selfish wish? Had the Holy grail attached more strings to his wish than he believed? To these questions Cú had no answer, but the desire to protect Cereys continued to burn within him.

However his anger was utterly snuffed away by the sudden familiar sensation of mama that filled his with such warmth. Like an embrace of a loved one, ones touch he never believed he would meet again. It was from the body of the slumbering Cereys that a burst of azure mana took shape. And like a tidal wave it swept across the entire room, leaving a dim translucent glow to the entire room. His eyes never leaving his Master, Cu witnessed a strange act occur. As before his sleeping Master the mana collected to take the shape of Cereys. Trembling Cú stretched his hand out for his glowing Master. Uttering that he was there for her, and she would never be alone again. She would never die alone. To this the strange entity said nothing. Merely tilted her head towards the sleeping Cereys. "Will you protect her as you once protected me?" On his knees Cú Chulain swore, his hand upon his chest as he spoke. "I swear it, I will protect her with my life. With or without my Gae Bolg." To this the shimmering Cereys that was purely mama spoke once more. This time her question held sorrow which dripped from her lips. "Will you....love her, just as you did me?" At her question Cú closed his mouth, his heart beating loudly in his chest.

He knew of his feelings for his Master, he treasured her more than anything in his life. The moment his gaze landed upon her lovely ocean blue eyes; Cú fell for the somber yet dazzling woman. One who came to life in the heat of battle. Who's eyes lit with the flame that filled Cú with joy. For when she was battle, only then would Cereys truly bloom. Her tenacity and cunning for strategy was what made her a powerful adversary. And few of the many things that caused Cú to fall for her. It was slow, but eventually the hesitant Master lowered her walls to Cú. And a trust formed between them; trust that soon took the shape of love. Love between a Servant and a Master. One that was indeed a forbidden love. Love that was always doomed to fail. A single tear made itself known to Cú and yet he refused to wipe it away. Wearing his sorrow like a badge on honor. One he was proud to bear; for her.

"Would you hate me if I said yes?" Cú uttered, his answer causing the rippling entity of Mana to increase it's glow. Seeming enraged as the once calm azure eyes turned to that of a raven's wing. Utter darkness as she spoke to him. "Then you will continue this endless cycle of torment. Never able to achieve happiness in this singularity or the next. You are doomed a lonely death Cú; just as she is." With those words The blur of Mana seeped back into the sleeping Cereys. Leaving Cú in the now night shrouded room; the words of his Master lingering in his mind and heart. Was she correct? Would he fail once more and die along with Cereys once more? Was he doomed to lose his love over and over again? It was then that tears furiously streamed down his cheeks, for the servant wept in silence in the darkness. Hoping that the words spoken to him were indeed lies.