[ t w e n t y ]

t w e n t y
b r o k e n

THEY WERE AT THE RECEPTION OF THE HOSPITAL

Stiles had found Lizzie and the sheriff in the basement where the doctors had kept Liam and Hayden, and both were severely hurt. They knew Lizzie was healing, but the Sheriff definitely wasn't.

"Stilinski, right?" Stiles nodded. "You said his insurance was with the county? He's a deputy?"

Stiles was getting frustrated. "No, he's the sheriff," snapped the guy. "He's the county sheriff. Okay. He's covered. I mean he should be covered."

"And... McCall?" Amelia stammered a bit.

"McCall Sealgair. Or Sealgair. Or McCall alone," stuttered the girl. "She should be in the system. Her name is Lizzie. Well... Elizabeth. She hates being called Elizabeth."

Melissa interrupted, placing a hand on Amelia's shoulder.

"I'll take care of it," told Melissa to the receptionist before she grabbed the sheets of Lizzie and the Sheriff, pulling Stiles and Amelia away from the reception. "I texted Scott. He's coming as soon as he can. I can call Liam or Isaac..."

"No, no," stopped her Stiles and Amelia looked at her. "Don't... Don't call anyone."

"Well, Scott is coming because Lizzie is his sister now, and because he cares."

"Is there anyone else we need to notify?" Asked the receptionist, making Stiles and Amelia turn around.

Stiles shook his head. "No, it's me. Just me."

Amelia looked at her boyfriend as he turned around to glance at her. Everything will be okay.

Melissa sat them on the waiting room as she left to attend the sheriff.

Stiles was worried, almost crying, while Amelia had her back on the chair, biting her nails as she waited.

She had to be alright, Lizzie had to be alright.

"This is all my fault," whispered Stiles, making Amelia look at him. "You told me to find Lizzie, and it took me too long. If I had just arrived sooner."

But Amelia remained silent, biting her nails. Stiles tried to stop her but she simply pulled away.

"Ames?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked before looking at him. "About Donovan..."

"I... I couldn't." Amelia looked away. "Amelia," he tried to reach for her hand, but she pulled away.

"Stiles, I told you I was driving the car with you. That I was following the road by your side, the road you wanted to. I trust you, Stiles, and because you killed someone... it doesn't mean I'm gonna change roads without you."