(22) The truth can't stay hidden

George stirred awake the next day as the birds chirped and orchestrated their calls as a way of thanking whoever resided up in the heavens for another day.

The sun's early morning glow streamed in through the windows as the smell of coffee invaded his senses.

He was warm, he scooted closer to the warmth that enveloped him.

Slowly did his eyes flutter open, he stared at the figure before him that lay asleep, basking in the sun's warmth.

George smiled as he softly pressed a kiss to the other's nose.

A swarm of butterflies erupted in his stomach.

He sat up after many long moments of contemplation, walking toward the makeshift kitchen where his two old friends resided.

All of them having not gotten enough sleep at night.

"You know I'm an agent too if you had just let me-"

Darryl shook his head, "No, you're under the care of our team now, despite what our agency says, you're our priority now."

George nodded, sitting down next to the pair.

"So, your team, who's the leader?"

Darryl added more sugar into his foam cup as Alyssa huffed.

"Darryl is the brains, our team's coder, hacker, anything you need he can be,"

The brunet with glasses smiled as he stood and grabbed a box of donuts from the old countertop.

"I'm my team's field agent, I'm also the undercover lead. I can tap into any role you need, just get me a fake ID and dress and I got it."

Darryl nodded, "Alyssa once went undercover as a mafia wife."

George raised an eyebrow as he turned to face the blonde who merely shrugged as she drank from her cup of coffee.

"Zak is our team leader, he tells us when and where we're lacking and gives us instructions during missions."

The brunet turned to face Darryl with a questioning look.

"No, nothing's going on, he's just my boss."

"I wasn't even going to ask anything remotely close to that."

"Oh.."

Alyssa rolled her eyes, "Zak has the hots for Darryl, but someone is trying to move on."

She had spoken in a sing-song type tone.

"I have moved on, that was in college, I'm over him!"

Darryl had spoken exasperatedly as he moved his hands around as he spoke.

"Well I mean, Darryl, are you sure? If Zak is starting to become serious about you then maybe-"

"He isn't serious, Zak can't take anything seriously."

Alyssa simply chose to differ as she pointed a donut at the other, "Listen all I wanted to address was that Zak liked you, I wasn't trying to kill your mood."

George simply stood and re-entered the living room as the bickering faded from his ears.

Clay was now fully awake, rubbing his eyes as he smiled softly at the brunet.

"I got you some coffee," George smiled softly as he held the cup out for the other to take.

After the cup was gone from his hands did he then flop onto the ground and open the file.