(10) The Mistake

"Zoey? What the hell does that have to do with whether not you wanna go ice skating this Saturday?"

Alyssa sipped from her drink as she pointed an accusing fry in his direction, "Are you saying you got a girlfriend now?"

He stared at her with an un-amused look on his face as he rolled his eyes, taking a dramatic bite out of his chicken nugget, "Alyssa, girls have cooties, why would I ever do that?"

Darryl approached them with a distressed and emotional look on his face

"Says the one who literally slept in my bed-"

"say WHAT?!"

She raised an eyebrow at him, smiling as if he was the densest human on earth

"Not like that you weirdo, besides you did too! That day we went to the worst party in all of eternity."

All three of them cringed and winced at the second-hand embarrassment, George recalling a very vital memory, one of which did not occur at the party but rather after.

-

Clay was here, he stood there silently as George looked down at the dimly lit campus. Suffocating silence as he stared at the ground, he wanted nothing more than to disappear. A hand brushed through his hair as a blue freesia, sat softly on his ear. Turning to face the other who stared at him with such worry it concerned him as well, and he was the drunk one, not Clay. He watched as the other led them to a bench underneath one of the pillars, closing the umbrella as the other sat down. 

"Are you feeling sick?", George didn't respond; staring into the eyes of the other with such emotion and appreciation it would make you believe he wasn't drunk and indeed sober.

"Mr. President?", The other only chuckled in response. Messaging his scalp and playing with his hair as he remained in his drunken state

Smiling when the other hummed, months of knowing George and they were only now tolerating each other?

"You need sleep."

-

"Anyways... I'm tired of this, look at what I found in my bag today."

He sat down next to Alyssa, searching through his bag as George pushed his tray in front of  him, offering some food

Alyssa then suddenly got excited and pulled out a flyer, slamming it onto the table

"Look what I found in the library today!"

Both George and Darryl looked at the sheet, but Darryl had only returned to searching

George then took the flyer in his hands and read

Campus News

Hi! I am your journalist on campus, Zoey! I've just got word that this week they are releasing a case file to us! The students! In one of my most recent interviews with the dean of the school and a director in CIA offices.

I have come to find, that they have a cold case if you would say. They need help from young sharp minds like us, which is why the fight for the case is going to open this Saturday!

If you want to prove just how good an agent you'll be, then come this Saturday to the campus library at exactly 5:15 PM

Any later and you'll miss a chance to get your copy on a file

However, doing this does not come easy, so the campus is offering 2 Million to the student(s)who solve this case! 2 million! You could buy like seventeen houses!