Shot 37

Swara's pov:

I knocked on the room door of my husband's parents softly and waited patiently. I looked here and there to see if anyone is around. It's not like I am doing something wrong, but still I am little nervous.

I got surprised seeing Laksh coming out of his room which is two rooms down from where I am currently standing. He is wearing his jogging suit. I didn't know he goes jogging in early morning. It's just 5.30 a.m. in morning.

When he looked at me, his eyebrows raised in surprise. He walked towards me unsurely like he is thinking if he should talk to me or not. I nodded acknowledging him as he stopped infront of me.

I mentally checked the distance between us. It is good. I am not afraid of him anymore, may be it was because that he has realised and apologised to me. I can see his gaze is hesitant and still filled with guilt.

"Good morning, Swara!", He said trying to behave normally. I tried to give him a smile, but I couldn't. So I just wished him back.

"Um.. Good morning", I said while tugging back my wet hair strand behind my ear.

His gaze went towards the paper bag I am holding close to my chest and then again to my face. He is confused. Before he could ask anything, I answered him.

"Well, I have some work with Sasu Mom, so.", I said pointing to the room door. He looked bit surprised and then nodded his head.

"Ok, carry-on. I am leaving", He said and about to move but I stopped him.

"Laksh, one min."

He stepped back and nodded without meeting my gaze.

"You don't have to suffer with guilt. I have already said that I accepted your apology. And now I am saying again, I accept your apology with my whole heart.", I said trying to ease him. He met my gaze without any movement.

"But still, I don't forgive you. I don't know if I can do that. May be with time being, I will. Just hope for that. Now, I just want to reduce your burden of guilt."

I said truthfully. Like Sanskar said, may be one day in future, I can be able to forgive him. And I don't want him to always look at me with that heavy guilt. It is kinda making me feel bad.

He looked so relieved, I can see his gaze lightening up with hope.

"Thank you, Swara.", He said with small smile. I nodded.

"And Thank you so much Laksh.", I said sincerely. He looked at me with confusion, disbelief and little shock.

"Did you just.. umm..", He stuttered with a frown.

I don't know why but the sight is so funny. The Laksh Maheshwari whom I always called 'A Bad Man' just stuttered infront of me. He looked like he doesn't know how to respond to my words.

Instead of laughing, I gave him a small smile, very very small on that note.

"Yes, I thanked you.", I said matter-of-factly.

"Why?", He asked scratching his neck side looking puzzled.

"For saving me in the village home. I meant to say for helping me and Sanskar. You even got injured for that. Thank you!", I said sincerely while my gaze went to the still small bandage on his side forehead.

"It's okay. He is my brother and you are his wife, so it's my responsibility to help you both. I am glad that I could atleast help you in this.", He said surprising me. Is he really the Laksh who had tried to hurt me once?