Shot 16

I stood silently in my room, looking here and there avoiding my Mom's gaze. Seriously, I couldn't understand what she want now. She brought me here saying that she wanted to talk to me, but after coming here she is standing silently, especially just looking at me. Her look is somewhat scaring me, I felt uncomfortable under my own mother's gaze. I just want to laugh at my fate.

Yay! See, where has my life brought me!!!

After few seconds, I literally lost my patience, so I broke the silence.

"Mom, what do you want to talk?", I looked at her while she is giving that look which I couldn't understand.

"Swara, Though Laksh has done a mistake he is your sister's husband now"

She started. I should have seen this coming. She sighed and hold my hands between her palms. I looked at her grip and then her face.

"We just can't destroy her life, yesterday only she got married and now her husband has gone to jail. Think about her sasural, what they would think about our Ragini? They would get angry thinking our Ragini is inauspicious for their family. We should not let that happen. Think about this Swara, Ragini is your sister. She don't deserve this"

She said in a concerned tone making my already broken heart to pain more.

"What do you want me to do, Mom?", I asked her though I know what she would say next.

"You should get back the accusing case, so we can get back Laksh"

She said with hope while I looked at her with blank eyes. Her words would be unbelievable for me if she trusted me earlier. But after her distrust, I had learnt my lesson.

How could she even bring this thought to her mind? If Ragini is her daughter, then who am I? How could she selfishly thinking about her only? She didn't even feel bad for distrusting me, hurting me or breaking my heart! She just want Her step daughter's life to be good which is important for her than her own daughter, she just want her happiness. Am I that bad? Am I mean nothing to her?

I was almost raped yesterday but she just want the culprit to live a happy life with her daughter, only because he is her husband and she would be broken without him. I could feel someone is stabbing my broken heart with a sharp knife.

Can any Mother be more worst than her?

On looking her, I feel like stupid suddenly knowing that how low she can think. I feel disgust to be her daughter. I am the most stupid girl for thinking her as my mother these many days, trusting her and loving her with all my heart. God is clearly showing me how low my mother is, I should understand this now.

"Swara, what are you thinking? Get back the case right now, Let's go to police station", She said nodding her own head.

I gave her a sharp look and took my hands out of her grip while she frowned. I clenched my fist to control my overwhelming pain which is consuming me totally.

"Mom, do you know what are you saying?"

I asked her while she just looked at me.

"The Man whom you are asking me to release is the one who tried to molest me. You are so worried about your daughter Ragini, right? Then Who am I, Mom? If I am really your own daughter? You have made mistake by not supporting me yesterday. Do you feel any regret for distrusting me? Atleast you can ask sorry for that na! But you aren't thinking about my pain which I had gone through yesterday when no one believed me including you and blamed me for a mistake I would never do... Here, You are just thinking about your so called daughter and her married life. How? How can you be like this? I was little satisfied before coming here thinking that you are calling me to ask forgiveness for not believing me yesterday but see here you are, wanting me to release my own culprit. You know what, I really regret for being born as your daughter. I really prefer being an orphan more than being your daughter-