Running with the Pack

Silver beams of the rising half-moon lined the lilac-hued clouds with haunting luminesce halos as they danced across the evenfall sky. The moonlight bled into swirling shades of coral pink as it yearnfully kissed the crimson rays of the sinking sun. Pale evening mist slithered across the river in wispy gossamer tendrils, and the somnolent trees rustled in the cool breeze. Songbirds gracefully flittered back to their hidden nests, while other happy little creatures of the day resigned to the safety of their woodland homes. And all was peaceful throughout the Moldavian forestland... For the most part. 

"Would you just calm the fuck down already!" I loudly snapped across the living room at Haiden.

Golden warmth radiated onto my back as I sat on the comfy fur pelts in front of the crackling fireplace. Callie's fluffy little body was curled up on my lap, enjoying the way I was affectionately stroking her soft multi-colored fur.

"I'm sorry. The last quarter moon has just risen and the pack is going running tonight. It's making me a bit angsty." He animatedly replied while psychotically pacing around the kitchen like a caged animal in all his naked glory. 

I sighed while glancing out the window and through the trees, catching a glimpse of the last rays of the sinking sun. "Well, the sun's almost down. So why don't you just end your suffering and go join them already?" Callie purred extra loud as I absentmindedly scratched beneath her fuzzy chin.

"I'm not going." He quickly stated while rabidly circling the island, running his hand through his wildly disheveled hair in frustration. He hastily picked up a random pot on the stove then shakily placed it back down for no plausible reason, creating an obnoxious clacking noise.

My chestnut eyes suspiciously narrowed as I watched his eccentric behavior, inconspicuously examining the way his sinewy ass muscles flexed as he prowled around. "And why the fuck not? Clearly, you need to let some extra energy out."

"No, I'm fine!" He curtly growled, moving to anxiously pace between the stairwell and front door with his dick flopping around between his legs.

I placed a hand on my forehead and frowned in exasperation. I'd been here a little over a week and this was the first time he'd acted all pent up like this. It was strange and unexplainable, but I honestly didn't like seeing him so stressed out. And somewhere within the deepest depths of my blackened stone of a heart, I felt the rather nauseating need to comfort him.

...I can't fucking believe that I'm actually starting to care about this crazy kidnapping lycan's emotional wellbeing.

"No Haiden, you're not fine. You barbarically ripped off all your clothes..." I gestured to the piles of shredded clothing strewn across the floor. "You've chewed up the couch..." My hand moved to motion towards the deep bite marks on the sofa's wooden frame and the tattered sage green pillows. "And you've been pacing around like a deranged maniac for at least half an hour now." 

He paused for only a measly second to quickly glance at me. "I'm not going."

"Yes, you are! This is clearly some sort of bizarre werewolf thing that you need to do. So just go fucking do it already, you big oaf!" With a huff, I gently moved Callie from my lap, ensuring that she was nice and cozy on the furs, then stood up.

His jaw clenched and his powerful shoulder muscles bunched, looking extra contoured in the flickering firelight. "I can't."

"Why the fuck not?" My hands dramatically waved into the air.

"Because, it's not just our pack that's running tonight, and not all the neighboring packs know about you yet." He calmly said, then abruptly snarled while leaping into the living room like an unpredictable psychotic flea. Large hands swiftly wrapped around my upper arms, causing me to squeak in surprise as he stared down at me with the crazed eyes of a lunatic. "You're unmarked and if you tried to escape while I was away, they would kill you for trespassing on lycan land!"