Ploys and Peacemaking

A brisk late-spring breeze blew across the rushing river and through a quivering plethora of vibrant wildflowers along the sloping bank, carrying their sweet floral scents through the peaceful forest. Thin wispy clouds lazily drifted across the midday sky, while birds happily chirped and other woodland critters cheerfully chittered. Little blades of lush grass danced all around my seated frame, as I rested beneath a mighty maple tree next to the riverbank, reading from an old book about the origin of the lycans. 

My eyes frantically darted across the yellowed pages, my heart twisting and aching for the first lycan with emotions far more profound than anything I could rationalize. "...Libitina used her claws to violently rip Hadeon's heart from his chest, killing him before Selene had the chance to grant him the gift of a mate. His anguished eyes turned to crimson, mirroring the moon's bloody tears cascading across the land while he gurgled on his last dying breath-" 

A large clawed hand suddenly snatched the book right out of my lap, just as Libitina had ripped that guy's heart out in the story. "Hey!" I squawked in protest, looking up to find Haiden's crimson eyes glaring down at me. 

"Why the fuck are you reading this!?" He demanded in a harsh and completely uncalled-for way.

I leaned further back against the tree, holding up a palm while raising my brow in confusion. "Um, I was just trying to learn the language better and enjoy a good book?" The wavering leaves above cast flittering sunlight and soft shadows across our faces. My expression was one of befuddlement, while his angry scowl turned apologetic. 

A slow and steady breath was exhaled from his nostrils as if he was trying to calm himself down. "Alright..." His eyes remained bloodred and his knuckles turned white from how hard he was gripping the book. I could tell that his heart was racing, and strangely, I felt pulses of fear subtly rolling off of him. "Well, why-" He paused and ran a hand through his frazzled hair, then he gently tossed the book off to the side. "Why don't we go do something else? The wild strawberries are ready to harvest. We could go get a basket and make some jam?"

Well, this is kind of weird...

"Okay..." I suspiciously drawled with narrowed eyes, wondering why the fuck he was acting so strange about me reading that book in particular. "But first are you going to tell me why you're acting like you just caught me reading your secret diary?"

He softly chuckled while moving to straddle my legs, placing his strong arms against the tree on either side of my head. His bare stomach flexed with his movements, making my gaze flicker down to the bulge growing within his loose dark brown pants. "It doesn't matter." His deep voice rumbled against the skin of my neck, then he tenderly placed a lingering kiss upon his mark.

My fingers lovingly threaded through his dark umber waves... then I grabbed a fist full and gently pulled. "Don't you dare try to seduce me into forgetting my question!" I hissed despite the fact that his kiss had already set my blood on fire, making my pussy needily gush with want for him.

 "It was a gift from Costache." Was all he said before continuing to kiss along my jawline. 

"Oh..." My eyes widened in realization, then distantly fell to the water's edge. "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

He lifted my chin while his lips ghosted over mine, biting at the air right before them with a soft growl. "Please do not apologize, dragostea mea." He gently tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear. "If only you knew how much love I have for you, then you would truly understand that you can never do anything wrong in my eyes. I just pray to the goddess that such love is requited, because it is I who needs your forgiveness."

His lips concealed any further words that I might have said with a yearful and impassioned kiss. My fingers curled into his shoulders while his arms wrapped around my back, blissfully drowning me in his warm embrace. The sunlight sparkled upon the flowing water beside us and the wind gently played with our hair. His tongue boldly invaded my mouth to dance with my own, and I welcomed him with alacrity. His love washed over my heart like a violent rainstorm, intense, blinding, and unforgiving of the damage it would leave behind.