One Hell of a Romantic Evening

"This is ridiculous! I know where we are. So you can take the goddamn blindfold off already!" I protested while slung over Haiden's shoulder, blindfolded, and aggressively pounding my fists on his frickin' dumbass back.

I had been peacefully hanging out at the haberdashery with Crina, or as peacefully as one could with someone so eccentric, when Haiden had abruptly kicked in the door, looking all crazed and disheveled while smelling strongly of wine. Naturally, I had screamed in startlement, only to be swiftly blindfolded and thrown over his shoulder like a dead animal then hastily hauled away.

Now he had just carried me through the front door of his cabin, with the immediate sound of Callie's cute little mews being a dead giveaway of our location. "Are you drunk? Is that what's going on here?" I asked while slumping in annoyance. 

"No, I'm not drunk. Well, I did have a bottle of wine earlier, but alcohol doesn't stay in my system for very long." He roughly squeezed my butt while creaking open the back door to the porch. "I can assure you, I'm perfectly sober."

"Could've fooled me." I grumbled.

The sounds of the river musically cascading below and the shrill chirping of happy birds graced my ears. But they were nothing compared to the strong yet wonderful floral scent wafting through the air. The sweet fragrance led me to believe that we had just walked out into some sort of elaborate botanical garden or something. 

Haiden gently slipped me from his shoulder, intentionally making so I slid down his torso in a slow, overly touchy-feely way that ensured I rubbed against his hard-on... What a loose-livered lech... As soon as my feet touched the ground he turned me around and gently glided a finger up my back, sending a dichotomously warming shiver flowing up my spine. 

His other hand sensually wrapped around my hip while he began sniffing my hair like a weirdo. "I have missed you, dragostea mea." His voice was deep and sultry, with his Moldovian accent and tone lacing the words with pure sexual desire.

"Unless we're going to be playing a game of pin the tack to your sack, you better quit it with all this sniffing shit and unblindfold me already." I grouched, hating how his touch was causing liquid heat to pool between my legs.

"As you wish, my beautiful little mate." He hummed and leisurely dragged his hands up to the back of my head. I rolled my eyes, then frowned realizing that he couldn't see it. 

His large warm hands gently untied the red silky blindfold, then he gently pulled it away. My eyes widened as the darkness gave way to a plethora of potted flowers adorning the edges of the floor planks, and on top of the rustic stripped-wood railing lining the porch. The bountiful blooms and buds were beautifully illuminated by the setting sun, adding an abundance of color and a wonderful floral aroma to the area. 

My dainty hand reached out to caress the pale silken petals of a clematis blossom. Each stary bloom seemed to be staring back at me with a whimsical violet eye in the center, peeking out from within the pointy petals. They nestled upon an emerald-green plenitude of heart-shaped leaves and delicately coiling tendrils of vines, elegantly creeping up a wooden trellis which rested against the stacked logs of the cabin.

It was then that the flitter-flapping of wings caught my attention. My gaze drifted away from the ornamental flowers and up to see a few homemade birdfeeders dangling down from the upper balcony. Each appeared to be made from the hollowed-out cylinder of a chopped birch log, with thick spruce sticks circling the bottom to form the perches and oak bark for the roofs. 

I gasped as a Eurasian blue tit fluttered onto the nearest feeder. It happily chirped while hopping around the perch with its twiggy little bird feet, flaunting its glamorous sky blue and sunshine yellow feathers as it pecked away at the seeds. Then a big old bumbling crested lark swooped on in, startling the poor little thing away. A small giggle chimed from my lips as I watched.