Lunacy at the Lake

~Haiden~

Winter's frosted breath gusted across the snow-clad forest as though spewed straight from the mouth of Thule. The frozen trees soughed in vexation and brittle shrubberies hissed as though angered to be disturbed from their brumal slumber. The wind fiercely toyed with the few loose strands of hair twirling out in front of my face, as I stood beside a vast lake with Isabelle's mittened hand in mine. The snow around us was taking on an eerie pale blue tinct as the sun withered beneath night's crushing veil. Sheets of gleaming ice stretched across the frozen waters, mirroring the ascending crescent moon and swirling snowflakes like ghostly illusions. 

Further along the ice-gilded shoreline, torches began to flicker as lycans from various packs gathered for a night of moonlit merriment. Pups were sledding upon wooden sleighs, laughing as they glided down the sloping snowy hills and down into glittering ivory vales. There were a few tables made from crudely chopped logs, crammed full with various snacks. Firepits were lit beneath large cauldrons, keeping the izvar and other drinks hot. The main activity was supposed to be skating on the ice, but it was unspoken though well-known that we'd likely all end up drunkenly howling through the forest by midnight.

These events were primarily held to maintain good relations with neighboring packs, but also to help unmated wolves find their other halves. It was strange coming to one without feeling what had become a familiar flutter of hope, only to leave in silent sorrow and disappointment. Now I felt nothing but immense love and pride with a mate who was more mesmerizing than the silver spun starlight by my side. I smiled as I glanced down at her, utterly bewitched by her beauty.

As a human, she needed extra layers to withstand being out in such frigid elements. Two sweaters were tucked beneath her long black coat, with an elegant red, black, and gold filigree broboada wrapped around her head and neck. She also wore two pairs of leggings beneath her long red skirt, hiding her warm fur-lined boots. I internally chuckled, thinking that she resembled a big puffy pillow. Yet, she still managed to completely enrapture my heart and enchant my soul with her loveliness.

The lunar glow softly reflected in the dark crystalline irises of her eyes as she peered up at me, fluttering her soft full lashes. "Why are you staring at me like a big old creep?" Her fakely annoyed voice was like music to my ears, flowing from the plump ruby curves of her all too kissable lips like the strums of a harp.

"Because you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, dragostea mea." I spoke the honest truth. My hand gently lifted her chin, granting me access to her sweet lips.

Her arms wove around my waist as she returned the kiss, allowing my tongue to glide against hers with tender care. I both loved and loathed all the layers she was wearing. As her mate, her comfort and warmth were a priority to me. But dammit, I hated how it acted as a barrier between her sexy little body and mine.

...I will have to undress her the moment we get home.

The stars gleefully twinkled above as I breathed in her misty breath, wavering my lips upon hers with tender devotion. The warmth of her touch was a welcome change from the bitter kiss of the wind. A blissful ache began to grow within my cock, stirring it to life as it strained against the fabric of my pants. Snow crunched beneath my boots while I shifted on my feet, leaning in closer to her with a soft growl. Her intoxicating scent of lilacs and summer rain was like a breath of spring amongst the snowscapes, reminding me that the season of fertility was just around the corner...

"Come spring, I am going to put a pup inside of you, my love..." I quietly murmured into her ear while grabbing at her well-padded hips, hoping that she wouldn't completely dismiss the idea.

Crimson flushed across her cheeks and it wasn't due to the cold. "Yeah well, we'll see about that." She shyly turned her gaze away from mine... not completely dismissing the idea.