055; THORNHILL [ rewritten ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐌  ── ◦'𖥸'◦ ──  𝒜𝒞𝒯 ℱ𝒪𝒰ℛ ↳ ❛ oh i wouldn't know, i never stood behind a man ❜︎𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟱 ╱ ╱  ☕️🕊˚◞𑁍゚𝙿𝙻𝚄𝚃𝙾𝚂𝚆𝙸𝙵𝚃

𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐌 ── ◦'𖥸'◦ ── 𝒜𝒞𝒯 ℱ𝒪𝒰ℛ
↳ ❛ oh i wouldn't know, i never stood behind a man ❜︎
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟱 ╱ ╱ ☕️🕊˚◞𑁍゚𝙿𝙻𝚄𝚃𝙾𝚂𝚆𝙸𝙵𝚃

"Is it a bad idea to leave this dinner party?" Reyna mumbled, Dorota helped her zip up the dark ruby dress.

"Miss Reyna, it's best not to skip dinner. Madam De Martel isn't pleased with the Master." Dorota chirped nervously. "Dorota's heard them argue for a while now."

Her parents were fighting? Then again, what's new?

Silas never loved Penelope, only married her out of obligation. Reyna thought that there was a possibility that he might be having a relationship with another woman unaware of her mother.

When Reyna was a little girl she remembered walking to her father's study eager to play with him and one day saw a picture frame on his desk of a girl in a flower field, smiling radiantly.

"Papa, who's that pretty woman? She looks like a princess!"

"That's...she's someone I used to know Reyna,"

"What happened to her?"

"She's with the stars now little one."

Reyna never questioned who the woman behind his father's humanity was. Her guess is that she passed away long before she was born. She walked downstairs to the dining area where her parents, Walburga, Orion, and Regulus sat.

The Black stood up from his seat, "Rey,"

"Hello," she greeted, walking over to him and embracing him. They pulled away and took their seats at the table.

"So congratulations on your daughter, I heard she's going to be successful at the Ministry. Her professor offered her an internship." Walburga began the conversation.

That seemed to stir something Penelope like she swallowed a lemon.

"Something caught your tongue Mother dearest?" Reyna questioned.

"Penelope is just being ridiculous sweetheart ─ insane and ─" Silas didn't finish his sentence because her red face resembled a bomb that was about to go off.

"Reyna shouldn't even be having a job ─ staying home is best for her! ─ behind every man is a strong woman ─ "

Reyna rolled her eyes and didn't resist to retort. "I wouldn't know, I never stood behind a man."

This left her mother catching her own words, staring at her youngest daughter stunned

If Bellatrix was here she would've cackled.

"No offense mother, but this is my life, not yours and If I want to become an Auror, then I will become one. I will not sit and play house wife. Yes, I love Regulus, but he and I treat each other with respect and equaly."

Orion hid his smirk, he just knew that setting them up together was the right choice.

Penelope seemed to have lost her words at that statement. And Walburga looked like a proud parent towards the blonde, the complete opposite of her mother.

On the other hand, Silas sat back in his chair and chuckled, "There you go, Penelope. Your daughter is capable of making her own decisions."

The glare on Penelope's face made it clear she'll be discussing this later.

Her boyfriend blinked and wondered what just happened at the dining table before taking a sip of his champagne. "Well then, I think Dorota's coming with tonight's dinner." he tried to lighten the mood.

"Yes, I'm quite looking forward to dinner." Walburga narrowed her eyes at the dusky blonde haired woman. Penelope averted her eyes anywhere to avoid the glares coming from the Black Mistress.

That night Reyna could hear her father and mother arguing. The Black family left Grimmauld Place.

"No, Penelope! I already lost Andrea because we didn't give her a choice of what she wanted. I can't allow the same for Reyna."

Silas De Martel wasn't the father of the year. Or at least a father to his two daughters. He lost hope in Jasper a long time ago, failed Andrea, but he by anything the man will not allow himself to fail protecting his youngest child.

The man made a lot of mistakes in his life, he needed to make up for all of it.

"DON'T TELL ME YOU STILL HAVE FEELINGS FOR THAT WRETCH." Penelope shrieked, jealousy dripping in her tone.

Reyna inched closer to the door out of curiosity.

"You named her after that wretch ─ "

"Do not bring her into this." Silas sneered.

The blonde left the halls to her bedroom to avoid getting caught, sporting an expression of awe. By the time reached her room she already saw the family Owl sitting at her balcony.

She went over and picked up the letter not before giving him some bread crumbs. "Here you go,"

Dear Reyna,

It brings me joy that we have reunited the last time we saw each other. The Order is doing well. The information you've provided for us has been of great help. We now know that Voldemort's army is growing.

How...how is the family doing? I know that mother is being a total pain in the arse. Especially now since you are turning seventeen soon. That means getting married out of your own will.
I get that you love Regulus. I really do, but with Pureblood marriages, they don't hesitate to marry off. Normally, I would hex your future husband but Regulus is an exception.

If he ever needs help, always tell him that the Order of Phoenix is open to him.

Sincerely
Andrea Rushman

PS: Prim keeps asking for you, I think she loves you more than her own mother.

╭                                                         ╮✎↷

╭ ╮
✎↷... 𝒂 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒓𝒂 ✉️
➩ 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢!
╰ ╯

₊˚ 𖤐₊ ⁀➷ this is a short ass chapter but i have a question for you all. How would you feel if I wrote a Prequel where I wrote "Celeste Black and Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone" and it would be a reaction book of the Marauders Era.