𝐱. WORD SPREADS AROUND [ rewritten ]

Chapter Ten ⠀⠀ word spreads around

The next day people all around noticed the change in both Regulus and Reyna's friendship

The next day people all around noticed the change in both Regulus and Reyna's friendship. First, it was their hands intertwined everywhere they go, but some spotted them cuddling together under a big willow tree during the break period.

And that's how the rumors of them dating started. Regulus and Reyna didn't care much for it considering the fact that they are technically seeing each other.

"When the fuck did this happen?" Sonia demanded once they got to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

"Last night at the Astronomy Tower," Regulus answered. He was holding her hand under the table and Reyna surprisingly loved it. She didn't find it bothersome at all. Instead, she found it refreshing and nice.

Sonia and Finn snapped their heads to Reyna. "So are you guys dating....?" there was a hint of happiness in her tone.

"It's more complicated than that...he's trying to make me fall in love with him before New Year's Eve to be exact ( ━ I changed it ).

But we're technically dating now according to everyone at school." Regulus flashed an adorable smile. "Considering the fact that she said yes to be my girlfriend."

"You didn't even get to that part."

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"How about you ask me later."

Rafael stared at them flabbergasted, "Unbelievable...they are such children!" he shook his head and got to this assigned spot.

"I have no words," Finn mumbled, plopping down at another seat and flipping open his textbook, and got his wand out.

By the time lunch rolled around there were whispers everywhere. "

Specifically, Sirius looked like he won at something, "I knew it! Pay up, boys!"

The Lupin shot him a look of annoyance and dropped a couple of coins along with Peter and James.

Reyna's mouth dropped in disbelief. "They were betting on us?"

"Yes." Finn, Sonia, and Rafael stated monotonously. "We all have actually. Imagine our disappointment when we found out that you two aren't really dating but seeing each other instead."

Christopher Montague came over and gave Regulus a slip," Quidditch practice tomorrow early morning."

Realization dawned Reyna, "I forgot about Quidditch!" Christopher shot her an amused face, "If it isn't little De Martel. How's your brother?"

The Blonde went stiff but replied to Chris's question, "He's doing well, Chris. How's your older brother?"

Jackson Montague was her older sister's fiance. That's until she ran away, of course, breaking off his engagement. From what she's seen from Jackson, he truly did love her sister.

"He's all sad and moppy...but mother is trying to set him up again." Chris sighed. "Jack is...well he's getting better?"

"I'm glad, again please tell him I said hello."

He gave her a weary smile, "Sure."

Once he walked away Reyna let out a breath of relief, "That was really..."

Rafael let out a snort of amusement, "Awkward? It's not every day you run into your older sister's fiance's brother and have a pleasant conversation with him?"

"He used to babysit me as Lucius did before Hogwarts." Reyna rolled her eyes then her face became meek. "I just feel bad you know? Jackson was ecstatic about it too."

"The second year was a big vortex of bullshit," Sonia uttered, remembering the Rosier ball last year where there was so much drama that unfolded.

"Tell me about it, I had to deal with my mother all night. She was so embarrassed when Andrea bluntly cut off the engagement. Father refused to leave the office for an entire week."

Reyna remembered the day clearly. When she was comforting her mother, ( I changed her father's name to Silas ). Silas already cast Andrea's name off the Wall of De Martel's.

It's also known as the De Martel's family tree.

Meanwhile, the youngest Black was deep in thought. What if Sirius ( -- who is much like Andromeda ) also rebels and gets disowned. Regulus shook the thought out of his head.

Sirius wouldn't leave, he still cared about him right?

"He won't leave you Reg."

If there was one thing Reyna was good at, it was reading people's emotions. Well, specifically Regulus'. Knowing someone for a whole thirteen years makes you learn one thing about them.

For example, whenever they want to talk about something in private but are in a public area, they'd talk French, seeing that there was nobody at school that spoke the language.

Although it did piss their relatives off, except Druella Black, she thought it was nice to at least have one to practice her native tongue.
His doubts were pushed aside, though the thought still lingered as he glanced back at the Gryffindor table where it was rowdy as usual.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

🤍  ࿐ྂ 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐒 !⠀⁺◟༉ ꜜ

𝐨𝐨𝐨.  Comment here if you want a chapter shoutout 💬

𝐨𝐨𝐨.  YOUR GIRL GOT A JOB AT KHOLS. I made a few changes like I plan on Changing her fathers name to Silas. It seems more fitting