Chapter 23

Once all the little ones had been fed and changed we let them crawl around and play on the floor. Alia was quite fussy so I just held her, I sure hope she isn't coming down with a cold or something. After she had been fussing for a couple minutes and hadn't stopped I quickly checked her diaper and clothing for anything that might be hurting her, finally I just decided to nurse her to sleep. If she is getting sick she probably needs the extra sleep. Once she fell asleep I took her and laid her down in her crib and turned the monitor on, to be sure and hear her when she wakes up. Susie just took her first steps, I can't believe that she is already starting to walk! Just then my mom came in the door, she was surprised that all the little ones were up (except Alia of course). They all were actually doing really well, no one was crying or anything. Of course that didn't last long. About a minute after my mom walked in Graciana, Posie, and Josie needed diaper changes. My mom helped Selena out by changing Josie while Rosalie and Selena changed the other two girls. Only about ten seconds later Eli and Christina decided that they were hungry, and since Rosalie was changing Graciana Laura just fed both babies. I kept an eye on the other little ones, because they should never be left unattended unless they are in their beds with the monitor on for a couple minutes after waking up from a nap. Susie slipped and fell onto the floor, which was thankfully quite thickly padded because we had learned our lesson from what happened to Melody. Meranda wanted me to come down on the floor and roll a ball back and forth with her, so of course I agreed after making sure that Susie was alright. Since I'm only around 10 weeks pregnant (although I am definitely showing) I am able to sit down on the floor and play with the little ones when I have to. Meranda loves when I play with her and give her my undivided attention like most two year olds. I legitimately don't know what I would do without her, even though I shudder at even the mention of her father I'm glad that I was able to meet her, and have the privilege of being her mother. When I was at her house I saw her birth certificate was just laying around in the house, and her mom didn't want her, so the mother line was left blank. I imagined writing my name there and showing the court system. I would have said that her father had been taking care of her and hadn't let me be in her life at all until recently. When they did a DNA test I could have given them Alissa's DNA instead of Meranda's. I didn't have to do any of that though, because they just let me have her since neither of her parents wanted her, and I was pregnant with her half sibling(s). They wanted to keep family together, and I was the closest thing to family that they could give her to. So, this pregnancy is a blessing because I got to keep her, and she gets to grow up with a loving family. As we are rolling the ball back and forth Hannah comes over and wraps her arms around my belly "baby!" she exclaimed with her little tiny voice, and soon Melody and Meranda joined her. I look down and realize something which I have known for a while, but now it is starting to feel more real. There is at least one living human being inside of me, and I'm going to be huge by the end of this pregnancy. I am hoping for nice easy twins, maybe at least one boy. Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore all of my girls, but a son might be nice to have. I know my girls would love to have a little brother (once they are older and will actually understand). Meranda will be nearly three and the quadruplets will be almost a year and a half. I just realized that all my little ones will have almost the same age gap. Rosalie's children will also all have nearly the same age gap (give or take a month for each of us).