Chapter Twenty One

Charlene POV

What on earth are you supposed to do when the boy you like kisses you at midnight? Well, there are many options.

1: You could talk about what just happened and your feelings towards eachother.

2: Slow dance the night away like in cliche chick flicks.

Or 3: Continue making out with him until your lips fall off.

I didn't do any of those.

After we pulled apart and I regained my sanity, I ran. I ran as fast as my wobbly legs could take me.

It wasn't the kiss that drove me away. No, that kiss was magical. It wasn't Ricky. He did nothing wrong. It wasn't the fact that everyone at that party could've seen us. Honestly, I could care less about what they think is going on between Ricky and I. I didn't even know what was going on between Ricky and I.

That was my problem. The fact that after that moment, we would have to re-evaluate what we were, relationship wise. I mean, we just rekindled our friendship a month ago and I really loved being with him as just friends. Friends who occasionally flirted with each other, and sometimes have failed attempts at kisses. But I didn't know it was anything more than flirting. I always thought he was just being his normal cheeky self, and maybe the almost-kisses were a "spur of the moment" kind of thing. And along the way, I caught feelings for him, but never in a billion years did I think he would catch them too.

But then, he kissed me. And I distinctly remember the words he said before it happened.

I'm going to share it with the person I think about most.

So, if I'm putting two and two together correctly, that person is me. I'm the girl he thinks about the most.

That scares the crap out of me.

The last time we both felt this way, it ended with a 4 year long hatred towards each other. Now that we finally got past that, The least I want is for it to start again.

I spent the rest of the night contemplating what I was going to say to him when I saw him.

-

I guess I didn't have to, because it was now January 10th, and I've successfully avoided him since the whole thing happened. We're all back in school, and I don't know how I pulled it off, but I haven't faced him since. Everything seemed to be back to normal, except for the the countless death glares that I've received from Ricky's groupies. While he didn't noticed me, everyone else did. Some of them were still caught up in our dance from before the break, and some found out about the kiss but refused to believe it because I was a nobody and he was Mr. Perfect, and two people from different worlds could never clash like that.

I'll take the insults. I mean, I couldn't blame them anyways. I'm a teenage girl too. I know how it feels when the guy you like is with another girl, and all you want is to rip her head off because she's stealing him away. And even if you don't know her, you take out your anger by insulting her whether it's about her looks or her personality. That's just how jealously works when you're a hormonal female.

What I won't take are threats. Those girls are can insult me all they want, but threatening to beat me up and destroy me is a bit too much. So the whole school day, Jon, Francesca, and Evan have been protecting me from any crazy girls trying to attack me.

Even if they do like annoying me about Ricky, it's nice to know they still have my back. I could only fight so many people, and they can fight the cakey faced monsters off within milliseconds with their impeccable sass. I'm so lucky to have best friends like them.