Chapter Six

Charlene's POV

You know how Saturday mornings are supposed to be the best in the week? How you're supposed to wake up to the smell of pancakes cooking on the stove, and "good mornings" from the people you love?

That's not how my Saturday morning went. No, instead of being engulfed with the scent of delicious food, I was pummeled with water balloons by a egotistical teenage boy.

As soon as I felt my comfy pajamas drenched in water, I sprung up from my air mattress, which I usually slept on whenever we had these sleepovers. It was surprisingly really comfy. I stared at a cackling boy in front of my mattress.

"Good morning sunshine!" Ricky screamed, still laughing at his stupid prank.

"Oh, it definitely is." I glared at him, making sure my remark sounded sarcastic.

"Of course it is, the first thing you saw this morning was my handsome face" He smiled, smugly.

"You're going to get it. You have 3 seconds to run, and try to flee from your death." I said calmly. He doesn't understand what a girl could do if you ruin her sleep.

And to think, I was actually dreaming about the little moment we had last night. Now I really knew how I felt about him. And it is,for sure, not a pleasant emotion.

Ricky's mouth formed a small "o" and he fled from my room. I sprinted up and chased him down the stairs.

"Ricardo Rene Garcia Jr., you're not getting away this time!" I screamed, probably loud enough for all of the city to hear.

He sprinted through the living room, and into the backyard. I slammed the door open, and tried to grab him by his shirt. The cold air rushed past me, sending me shivers down my back. It was now the middle of November, and New York was getting chilly. He stood by the edge of the swimming pool, and stood frozen in his place. He turned around, still at the edge of the pool, and stared at me with a panicked expression on his face. He had no where else to run.

I walked up to him, with a smirk plastered on my face. I stopped about one step in front of him, and placed my hand on his face. My thumb rubbed up and down his now rosy cheek, and I stared deeply into his frightened eyes.

"Mr. Tough Guy's scared of a little cold water?" I stuck out my bottom lip, pretending to feel pity for him.

"Don't. Do. It." Ricky begged. "I'll do anything. I'll stop pranking you. I'll be your servant for-" He said as he submerged into water. His head shot up, his lips quivering from the cold liquid. I laughed until my stomach ached, and I soon ended up on the ground clutching my burning sides.

"You think that's funny?" Ricky challenged. I looked up him and nodded, not being able to talk.

A wet hand was placed on my ankle, and I soon felt numb from the freezing liquid around my body.

Ha, as if i wasn't soaked enough before this.

Ricky laughed next to me, swimming closer to laugh in my face.

"I hate you!" I yelled at him.

"But do you really babe, do you really? That wasn't how you acted when you were snuggled up against me under the bed. If anything, I would've thought you liked being back into my arms after so long. I know you've been lost without me all these years. " he smirked.

Did he really have to bring that up right now? I thought back to yesterday, and how I was starting to blush and melt into his chest. Why did he always have to have this affect on me? Why did he have to use his charm to reel me in, when he knew I didn't want to be? Ugh, I just want to smack him!