Chapter Four

Charlene's POV

Jon, Francesca, Evan, and I spent about 15 minutes arguing about what pizza we were going to buy, until Jon came up with the brilliant idea of just buying them all. Well, it wasn't brilliant; we were all just too stupid to think of it before. But we all decided to give him the credit, because he was really proud of himself, and the grin on his face was just adorable to wipe off. He looked like a 5 year old who just got his lollipop. I took out my phone, called Pizza Hut to place our order.

"Hi, Can I have one small ham and pineapple pizza, one small plain cheese pizza, one small meat-lovers pizza, and one small pepperoni pizza? Okay, thank you so much! Have a nice day!" I pressed my screen to end the call. "They said it'll be ready in 30 minutes."

The boys nodded and Francesca yelled "Ugh, I'm so hungry! I'll die of starvation before those pizzas get here!" We all laughed sitting on the couches in the living room, and Jon placed his hand over her mouth.

"Shush, you wild little chipmunk" he chuckled. She laughed at his nickname for her. He gave it to her when we were in 3rd Grade, when a squirrel from a tree fell onto his head, and he ended up with 3 scratches on his forehead. Let me tell you, that squirrel was vicious, but somehow it reminded Jon of Francesca.

Aw, young love. I totally still ship them. If only he wasn't best friends with that green eyed-

"You guys can't believe who I just talked to. Stacy Jennings told me she wanted to "hang out" on Saturday. We all know what we're-" Ricky stopped when he saw all four of us sitting together.

"Oh yea, Ricky, instead of playing basketball, we should just hang out with the girls and catch up." Evan said casually. My face scrunched up in shock. I thought we were just sharing the pizza, I didn't know we had to hang out with Ricky.

"Us? Hang out with them? Did they drug you or something?" Ricky said, throwing a disgusted glance at me.

"No, we didn't Ricky. We just want to catch up for a bit. Plus, if Charlene can be civil with you, then why can't you do the same?" Francesca glanced between the two of us, specifically shooting me a "Oh come on, it's just one day" glare. I sighed, and looked at Ricky

"If you're willing to do it, then I will too. Let's do it for them." I sent him a small smile, pointing at our friends.

"Okay, fine. One day of being civil for those idiots." His smirk appearing on his face.

"Okay, now seal it with a hug and a kiss-" Jon started saying.

"Don't push it." Ricky and I said at the same time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The pizzas are here!" Jon yelled. Evan shot up, and ran to the door. This boy must've really wanted his pizza. He gave the delivery man the money and a tip, and closed the door.

We all walked over to the pizza boxes, and took our plates.

"Ham and Pineapple pizza is my favorite!" Ricky screamed.

Mine is too, we used to share our slices in 4th Grade, remember? I thought to myself.

I stayed silent, and reached my hand over to grab my slice, when I felt a large hand colliding with mine. I glaced over to see Ricky glancing at me, and pulling his arm away. I small blush crept on my cheeks.

You used to do that on purpose just to touch my hand. I wonder if you still remember.

"Sorry" we both said. Well, this was really awkward.

"I'll grab you a slice. You can just sit down at the table." Ricky said with a smile. My eyes widened in surprise. Maybe he was actually trying to be nice to me. I smiled back, and nodded.

I sat in the seat, and watched the rest of my friends eat their pizza.

"Where's your slice?" Francesca asked, confused.

"Ricky's getting it for me." I said, looking down.

All three of them dropped their pizza, and Jon was slightly choking on his.

Francesca patted him on the back, trying to stop him from talking.

Evan stared at me blackly, as if he was still trying to process what I just said.

"What- What did you say?" Jon asked, still trying to recover from his coughing fit.

"Ricky offered to get me my slice of pizza, and I said yes. See? We're trying to be civil for you guys." I said, turning my head in a sassy way. To think, they were doubting us.

"I got your pizza." I heard Ricky's voice coming from the kitchen.

He placed the pizza on the table, and sat in the seat next to me.

I picked up my food, and look a big bite.

Immediately, I shot up trying to find a drink. My tongue was burning and tears formed in my eyes I opened the fridge and took out the milk. I poured myself a glass, and chugged it down. My breathing was heavy, and I wiped away the tears in my eyes. My friends surrounded me, worried that I was gonna pass out or something.

"Are you okay?" "What happened?" "Do you need to go to a doctor?" filled the air.

I looked up to find everyone's worried eyes on me, and a guilty looking Ricky.

"You. What the hell did you put on my pizza?" I scowled at him.

"Just a little bit of hot sauce, and some chili pepper flakes. I remember how much you loved spicy food." he shrugged, a slight chuckle escaping his lips.

I HATE anything overly spicy. I could tolerate spicy food to an extent, but if my food is drenched in something spicy, then i'll probably explode.

My eyebrows furrowed, and I took a deep sigh.

Fine, if this is how you want to play.

I faked a smile, and a confused look formed on his face.

"You're so funny! I'm not mad, it was just a joke, right? I'm fine!" I exclaimed. Everyone laughed and went back to their seats. Ricky stayed staring at me. I went up to him and inched our faces close together.

"Let the games begin."