Chapter Eleven

Charlene's POV

Yesterday was a complete wreck. It doesn't even seem real to me, it just feels like I had a really bad nightmare. Except worse, because it actually was real and I was going to have to face everyone today at school.

I rolled out of my bed, and did my usual routine; a shower, my makeup and hair, and lastly the clothes that I was going to wear today. I looked at myself in the mirror, and I examined my finished look. I then walked downstairs, and to my surprise, heard a familiar laugh echoing from the kitchen. My eyes furrowed in confusion as I turned to see what was going on.

There, standing in front of the stove holding a spatula, was Ricky flipping a pancake off the griddle, catching it like a pro. He then placed the finished pancake on a plate sitting on the island.

Am I still dreaming?

I was about to pinch myself, but I was then cut short by a kiss on the cheek.

'Good morning, honey." My dad said, heading towards the island to grab another pancake. I turned to my mom, who was giving me a huge grin, and devouring her breakfast.

"Good morning. Uh, Ricky? What are you doing here?" I asked, as I turned to Ricky, giving him a panicked and confused stare. He just stood in his previous place with a small smile tugging on the corners of his mouth. He continued flipping his pancakes.

"Ricky stopped by a while ago to pick you up for school, but since you were'nt ready yet, he insisted on making us breakfast." My mom said, adoration spilling out as she spoke.

I glanced at Ricky, and shot one eyebrow up. He never said anything about picking me up. He rubbed the back of his neck, as he usually did.

"I hope you don't mind." he mumbled, looking down. Why would he want to drive me to school? I shrugged off my thoughts and gave him a small smile.

"I would love to." I said cheerily. I mean it's kind of weird, but I think it's really sweet that he came over here early and made my family breakfast. His cheeks turned a light pink color, and he turned around to the counter to grab a plate.

I took my plate, and walked over to grab a pancake. I sat down, and poured maple syrup and dabbed a bit of butter on my pancake. I plopped a piece in my mouth, and I let out a soft moan.

"These are amazing!" I groaned, earning a chuckle from Ricky.

"Thanks, they're banana pancakes, I remembered they were your favorite." He said, shyly. Ricky? Shy? I think i'm in an alternate universe.

I scarfed the rest of my pancake down, and got up to leave. Ricky waited for me by the door.

"Bye Mom, Bye Dad" I said, running up to give them a hug goodbye. I walked up to where Ricky was standing, and picked up my bag.

"Bye Mr. and Mrs. Jones!" Ricky yelled out, earning a wave from my parents.

"Take care of my little girl!" my Dad yelled back at him. My cheeks turned bright red, and I rolled my eyes. Ricky laughed, and looked back at my Dad.

"Don't worry, I will." he said, as he closed the door softly. We walked up to his car, and he opened the door to the passenger seat. He motioned for me to get in, and I entered his car. He entered the driver's seat and plopped his keys in the car. Ricky then looked at me with a smile on his face.

"They still love me. I still got the charm." He smirked, confidently. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Now, that's the Ricky I know and despise. " I said, the sarcasm present in my voice. He chuckled, and turned back to look at the driveway.