Chapter Fifteen

Charlene's POV

The ride back home from the playground consisted of brainstorming, lots and lots of brainstorming. Which isn't exactly a great idea when you have two stubborn people involved in it. Let's just say we were working on a very special, top-secret project.

Operation Get Our Friends Back Before We Lose Them Forever And Become Lonely Hermits.

Ricky and I were currently trying to come up with ideas on how to win them back.

"How about we bake them 'I'm Sorry' cookies and pray that they'll forgive us?" I suggest. I was literally out of ideas, I had no clue what we were going to do to fix everything.

"No, that's too boring. How about we dress up as super-villains and hold them hostage until they agree to forgive us?" Ricky said chuckling as he spun the steering wheel. I gave him a dirty look, and shook my head in disapproval.

"We want them to forgive us, not hate us even more." I said sarcastically. I took a deep sigh and smacked my head with my palm.

"We're so screwed. We're so screwed. We're so screwed." I mumbled under my breath.

"No, we're not. We got this, Charlene. Plus, can anyone resist this face?" He said, conceitedly. I could practically see him smirking even if I wasn't looking at him.

"Yes." I challenged, sending him a glare. Ricky glared back at me, and parked his car in his driveway. I didn't even realized we were already here, I was too busy stressing over our failing mission and Ricky's big ego.

Ricky got out of the driver's seat, and opened my car door for me. The frown on my face grew bigger as we headed towards his front door. Ricky seemed to notice, and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Don't worry, we'll get them back. And if they're still mad, you'll always have me." He said, caringly. I looked up at him, and gave him a smile small.

You'll always have me.

Oh Ricky, you always know how to make a girl feel better.

Or worse.

But mostly better.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, and dug my face into his side.

I took a deep breath, smelling his musky cologne. I let out a small smile, hoping Ricky wouldn't see it. He just smells so flipping good. If I smelled him again, I would probably faint right then and there.

I'm such a creep.

"Are you sniffing me?" Ricky asked, looking down at me. My face was still connected to his torso, and I was still holding on tight to him.

Well, this is awkward.

I threw my arms to my sides, and stared at the ground.

"No." I mumbled. Ricky let out a loud laugh, causing my cheeks to turn bright red. I grunted, and twisted the door open, revealing three teenagers sitting patiently on the couch, staring us down.

Francesca looked at me with a sad small, which I returned. She got up, and we both ran up to give each other a hug.

"I missed you, girl." She said, letting go of me.

"I missed you too. Party in the USA isn't the same when you're singing it alone." I laughed. I looked behind her to see Jon and Evan smiling at me. I ran up to Evan first and pounced onto him. He gave me a tight squeeze and I pulled away.

"I missed you and your awkwardness, Evan." I said poking his cheek, making him smile. I looked over to Jon, who was making a puppy dog face at me. I walked over to him and gave him a bear hug.