Chapter Nine

Charlene's POV

I end up spending the rest of my weekend cooped up in my bedroom, trying to get over my unresolved feelings. On Saturday, after I wasted an hour sulking in my bed, I decided to pamper myself to forget about my problems. I changed into some comfortable pajamas, and ran downstairs to grab some Cookies and Cream ice cream. I didn't even bother picking up my used clothes from the floor, I didn't feel like making myself feel worse by having to re-organize my whole room. Instead, I painted my nails, eat my ice cream, blasted my music, and did some online shopping. As I like to say, retail therapy is the best therapy. Sunday was pretty much the same as Saturday, except I spent the whole day in my bed, listening to music, and trying to finish my homework. I was supposed to finish it after I got home from the sleepover as I always did, but no, something just had to throw me off.

Today was Monday, which meant I had 8 hours of boringness ahead of me. I really didn't know how I managed to maintain my straight a's, with me almost falling asleep in pretty much every class, but somehow it just worked out for me.

I drove to school alone this morning, since Francesca got her car back, and Ricky was back to driving his own car. I was somewhat relieved because I didn't have to face Ricky at his house again, but also somewhat disappointed that I would'nt get to stare into his beautiful eyes in the morning. After this weekend, I found myself wanting to stare into them, like his eyes were my home.

It's like I feared running into him, but at the same time, I desperately wanted to.

I know I have every reason to hate on him, but after this weekend, a part of my heart held on to him.

Ugh, me and my mixed feelings. I'm an emotional wreck.

I arrived to school, and I stopped at my locker. I twisted in my combination, and it clicked open. I shoved my un-needed textbooks in my locker, and as I organized them, I could'nt help but over hear a high pitched giggle coming from my left. I turned my head to see Ricky with a petite, blonde-haired cheerleader leaning on the lockers. She was looking up at him, completely mesmerized with the boy in front of her. But his eyes were'nt locked on hers. They were locked on my mine.

My heart skipped a beat, and I felt my cheeks heat up. Get a grip on yourself, Charlene.

I closed my locker, and headed to my first class, which just so happened to be in the direction where Ricky and his new girl are.

I walked quickly past them, making sure to avoid eye contact with Ricky. From the corner of my eye, I could see Ricky turning around, allowing his eyes to follow me. The cheerleader slapped his arm, telling him to pay attention to her.

Poor girl, she's so oblivious to his player ways.

I shook my head, feeling sorry for the girl who is soon going to be heartbroken.

I walked into my First Period class, and took my seat.

-

The bell rang, and my head shot up. All the kids frantically stood up, rushing to get out of Government.

It was only third period, and I'm already dying to go back home. I picked up my bag, and exited the classroom. My next class is Dance, and luckily I had that class with Francesca, Evan, and Jon. Ricky also had that class, but I try not to acknowledge his existence in there. Dance was actually one of the classes I enjoyed, along with Chorus. Since this was our Senior year in high school, we had a bunch of extra-curricular classes like this.

I entered the large studio we had as the classroom, and stood next to Francesca, who was talking to Jon and Evan.

I poked their sides and they turned to face me with huge grins on their faces.