Chapter Seventeen

Charlene's POV

Life has a crazy way of throwing extraordinary moments at you when you least expect it. You think you'll have a horrible, no good day, when in reality, you're actually going to experience something unforgettable. Last night threw me off into a completely different path. I'm no longer the confused, delusional girl who was too busy doubting her feelings to realize what was right in front of her. I no longer have brick walls shielding myself from the one person I want most. And it feels great to finally know that I'm not afraid of liking Ricky anymore. Falling for him and his strangely captivating self was something I would'nt mind doing. The idea of him and I spending all this time together during Winter Break flusters me because, with Ricky, you never know what'll happen. The guy could possibly be the most unpredictable human being alive.

As of now, I was just eating a carton of ice cream watching re-runs of Red Band Society. Being a couch potato was the best way to start my break. I've literally been moping around for an hour because Leo gives me too many feels. As I scooped up a bit of my ice cream, I felt my phone vibrate next to me. I picked it up to find 3 new messages. I scrolled the screen, and opened up our group chat.

Come over and help Ricky and I put up the Christmas tree? We're late as usual :) - Franny

I'm on my way, chipmunk ;) - Mr. Klaasen

They're so sweet together, I don't know whether to fangirl or to go to the dentist to check for any cavities.

I'm feeling sick, guys. Maybe next year :( - Little Evan

Huh, I could've sworn I saw him with his skateboard through the window a few hours ago, and he definitely not sick then. What's going on with him? I better go find out.

I'll come in a little bit, I need to do something real quick. I replied.

Okay, come quick! We all know Jon's gonna screw things up ;) And feel better Evan! - Franny

I got up from the couch, and headed into the kitchen. I placed my unfinished ice cream in the fridge, and ran back to the living room to grab my phone to text Ricky.

Meet me at my house as soon as possible. Something's wrong with Evan, but don't tell the others. I pressed the send button.

Okay, I'll be there in 5.- Spider Man <3

I chuckled at Ricky's contact name. He put that name on my phone himself, and of course, the idiot had to add a flirty little heart. Then again, I thought it was too adorable to change, so I just left it like that. I smiled at my phone, and shoved in my pocket. I ran upstairs and into my room, slipping on a pair of boots and tugging on my jacket. I walked back downstairs and sat back down on the couch. A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the front door. I got up, and opened it, revealing Ricky leaning on the door, his cheeks rosy from the cold air. My stomach turned in knots at the sight of him.

Why did he have to be so gorgeous?

Thoughts of last night flooded my mind, but I quickly shook them off, trying to focus on Evan's problem. He sent me a smile and straightened himself. I returned the gesture, and walked out the door, wind causing my hair to fly in different directions. Ricky laughed at the tornado of hair on my head, and I smacked his shoulder playfully.

"Hello to you too." He chuckled, trying to brush the hair away from my face.

"Hi, now, if you would just stop mocking the mess I call my hair, we have a friend to cheer up." I said, walking along the pavement. Ricky caught up to me, eventually walking by my side,

"Wait, what's wrong with him? I thought he was just sick. That's what Francesca told me." He asked, confusion appearing in his voice.

"He's lying, I saw him skateboarding from my window a few hours ago. He looked fine. I don't know why he's lying, which is what we intend to figure out. I figured the both of us could figure him out, since you're a guy, and we all know the male species is a foreign and confusing subject for me. " I explained. As we walked across the street to Evan's house, Ricky turned to me and raised his eyebrow.