Chapter Eighteen

Charlene's POV

In holiday movies, Christmas Day is always perfect. The little kids come downstairs and open their presents from Santa, and spend the rest of the day playing board games and eating cookies. In the Jones house, Christmas is nothing but a chaotic mess. Don't get me wrong, I always have and always will love Christmas with my family but, with parents like mine, something crazy is bound to happen. Last year, the ham burst into flames and we had to evacuate the house in order to get all the smoke out. That was the last time we let Dad touch the oven. The year before that, Uncle Danny's grey wig fell into the fireplace. The guy went bonkers and now refuses to spend another Christmas at our house ever again.

This year, we were going to Ricky and Francesca's house to spend the holiday together. Since Mr. and Mrs. Garcia probably aren't going to be home for the holidays, the Klaasens, the Winters, and us made it our responsibility to make it the best Christmas ever for them. Their parents have been so busy these past few years with their family buisness. Mr and Mrs Garcia are the CEO's to Germany's Finest Chocolatier, a company thats been past down from generation to generation. Its quite a hit around the world, so they always have to travel for important meetings and deals.

All our parents have been close friends ever since we we met, so naturally we were'nt going to let them be alone. We're one big family.

I stared at my mirror, examining my outfit and hair. I smoothened my maroon dress and checked my now curly hair. I grabbed my coat and my purse from my bed, and walked out my door.

I headed downstairs, already hearing the commotion. There was a lot of shuffling in the living room, with my Dad trying to drag out all the presents we bought for them from under the tree, and my Mom making sure all the cookies she baked were all set to go.

They both spotted me and gave me wide grins. My Mom's heels clattered on the floor as she walked over to where I was standing.

"You look gorgeous, honey." Dad yelled from the other side of the living room, still grabbing presents. My Mom nodded and placed her hands on my arms.

"Your boyfriend is going to be stunned." She said winking at me. My eyebrow shot up as I gave her a confused look.

"My boyfriend?" I asked, tilting my head. Last time I checked, I was single and too awkward to mingle.

"Ricky." She exclaimed bluntly, as if it was such an obvious statement. I covered my face in hopes of hiding the hideous blush forming on it.

Even my mom's onto me. I mean, I like him and all, but who knows if the feeling is mutual. Yeah, he flirts with me. A lot. But doesn't he do that to every girl? Out of all of them, why would he ever choose me? He could date an actual Princess if he wanted to.

"Mom, Ricky's not my boyfriend." I said quickly, not wanting to talk about my boy problems with her.

"But that morning he came-" She started.

"Doesn't mean anything." I cut her off.

"And the teddy bear-"

"An apology gift."

"The dance-"

"School project."

"But the way he looked at you-"

"Mom!" I screamed sternly, making her slap her hand on her mouth. She removed the hand, revealing the smirk on her mouth.

"Alright, alright. I'll stop. But don't act like you don't feel something for him." She stated, trotting away with a wink.

"I don't!" I yelled, feeling my cheeks heating up.

But I do, I really do.

My Mom turned back to look at me with a smile. She looked away shaking her head.