Chapter Nineteen: Beatrix

"It's Silva again." Sky sighed as he put his phone back into his pocket. "He wants an update."
"I think you should tell her Sky." I told him. "There's something weird going on and she deserves to know the truth." Sky nodded and quickly texted Bloom to see if she was still in the east wing. "She's gone back to the suite. Something about some suite drama?"
"I don't have a text." I told him. "Oh, no. I bet they figured out it was me using all their toothpaste." Sky looked at me gone out. "I ran out, okay?"
"Is all girl drama so pathetic?" Sky asked me, smiling.
"How long have you known me?"
"Since we were..."
"Right. Long enough to know that I was clearly being sarcastic." I smiled. "Come on, let's go and find Bloom."

***

We entered the Winx suite to find Musa, Aisha and Terra sat on the sofas. "Is Bloom here?" I asked them and they all stood up.
"Did Silva tell you what was happening today?" Aisha asked Sky. "He must've."
"Is this the suite drama Bloom was talking about?" Sky questioned.
"There is no suite drama." I sighed.
"Okay, I'm so lost right now."
"Dowling's assistant died, the faculty think a fairy did it." Terra explained. "So, they held the assembly to find out which fairy, because clearly he or she wasn't there, so now e don't believe or trust literally anyone."
"Shit." Sky frowned before looking down at me. A frown grew on my face.
"Beatrix." I said.

I pulled my phone out of pocket and started to call Bloom but she didn't pick up. "No answer." I said. "You try?" Sky tried and there was still no answer.
"There is one person who might know where Beatrix is." I told him. Sky nodded. "You three keep trying Bloom. I'll let you know if we find out anything."
"Okay, I'm calling her now." Terra said before me and Sky left the suite.

We made our way to Sky's dorm and stormed into to find Riven sat on the sofa. "Where is she?" Sky asked him, angrily.
"Who?" Riven asked.
"The unstable sex addict leading you around by your dick. Where is she?" Riven laughed.
"I don't know." He told us. "Beatrix isn't surgically attached to me. Why do you need her?"
"We're looking did Bloom."
"And Beatrix was the last person who was with her before..." I stopped myself when I saw Riven giving me signals to stop talking. As I did, Stella walked out of the bathroom.
"Seriously?" She questioned. "I sent you like 20 texts and you're running around looking for Bloom?"
"Yeah. You have fun with that." Riven grinned before leaving the room.
"I'm in the middle of something, Stella." Sky frowned.
"Yeah, so am I. I need you."
"Bloom's missing." I cut in. "And we don't know if she's in danger or hiding."
"It could probably be linked back to everyone knowing she's a changeling, thanks to you."
"And I think that's my cue to leave." I whispered before walking out of the room.

I got outside and Riven was waiting. "Care to enlighten me about why everyone seems to be out looking for my girlfriend?" He asked me.
"Probably because your girlfriend is a evil, murderous, lunatic." I told him.
"What?"
"She killed Callum." I said. "Dowling's assistant."
"No. You're lying."
"Am I lying, Riv?" I questioned. "The teachers knew that a fairy killed him so they had the assembly to find out who it was, only the fairy wasn't there."
"So, maybe it was Bloom."
"It wasn't Bloom."
"How can you be so sure?"
"Because I know her. She wouldn't do that."
"She's a changeling, Eira. She's dangerous."
"And who told you that? Beatrix? Because she's such a reliable source."

My phone started to ring and I looked down at it. Aisha's name had appeared on the screen. "I'm not doing this again." I said before I tried to walk off. However, Riven grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "Let go of me." I told him and he did.
"Tell me, Eira, it must suck being not first, not second but last choice."
"What are you even talking about?" I asked him.
"Sky." He said. "I mean, he dates Stella, follows Bloom around like a lost puppy, and you're always the last person he goes too."
"I don't know what you're getting at." I told him.
"Oh, come on. I've seen the way you look at him. There's no point trying to deny it, Eira."
"I'm not in love with him." I claimed.
"Just admit it!"

Riven approached me and I stepped back until I couldn't no more. My back was against the building behind me. "Just... admit... it." He told me. Our faces were now inches apart. I looked into his eyes and for a second I caught a glimpse of the real him. Not the one who had been bewitched by Beatrix's charm. Then I pushed him back.
"I've got bigger things to worry about, right now." I claimed as I headed towards the fairy hall across the courtyard. I then stopped and turned back around. "And just so you know, I had a really great time this summer. No, really. I just don't get why you had to ruin it."
"I ruined it? I ruined it, did I?" Riven asked me. "Answer this then, who was it who poured their heart out to you this summer? Who was it comforting you when you got dumped? Who the hell instigated it when we had sex?" Riven then paused and frowned. "And who was it who broke my heart?"
"I'm sorry I couldn't give you the answer you wanted." I said, softly. "But that's no excuse for pushing the ones closest to you away."
"Eira!" I turned my head to see Aisha, Musa and Terra approaching me and when I looked back, Riven was gone.

"What is it? Did you find Bloom?" I asked the girls.
"Dowling and Silva are bringing her back, right now."
"You-you told her?" I questioned.
"We didn't have a choice." Aisha told me. I nodded my head.
"It's okay, I get it." I said as several cars pulled into the courtyard.

We approached the first car and Bloom climbed out of it. I gave her a hug and as she hugged me back, she whispered something in my ear. "I need to talk to you. Alone." Everyone else then wrapped their arms around us and we all gave Bloom a massive group hug. "We were so worried about you." Aisha told her.
"Legit freaking out." Musa added.
"What did that bitch do?" Terra asked.
"She didn't do anything. She's not a monster." Bloom said with tears in her eyes.
"Bloom, she killed Callum." I said.
"Who told you that?"
"Dowling, Silva, Harvey." Musa told her.
"Do you have proof?"
"Why would they say it if it wasn't true?" Aisha questioned.
"You never know why people really do things."
"Maybe we should go and get some rest."
"You guys go. I'll meet you there." Bloom said before walking over to Sky who had now come outside.

***

I didn't say a word as I walked up to the suite with Musa, Terra and Aisha. "Terra, will you please just let it out, you're killing me." Musa frowned.
"My dad lied to me today." Terra told us. "Like, legit lied. When I called him out on it, he acted like it was for my own good. They all did." We then stopped walking. "I don't care how they justify it. You don't... lie to people you care about. Not if they matter."
"I have something to tell you." Musa then blurted out. "A while ago, I met this guy, and I like him a lot, but I didn't know how you'd react, so I didn't tell you, and it's been weeks." Terra looked confused as she looked me, then at Aisha and back at Musa. "I'm dating your brother." Musa finished. Terra laughed and pulled Musa into a hug.
"Thanks for telling me." She laughed. "God, I really needed that. Even if you do nabe terrible taste. Sam's-"
"Objectively attractive?"
"Well, actually, the spitting image of my dad when he was that age. He lost his hair at 18, maybe 19. Bald teenagers. Very cool." Terra smiled before we all laughed.

I then looked over the bannister, down into the hall. "Are those Stella's suitcases?" I asked.
"I... I think they are." Terra frowned. We all looked at each other before rushing down the hall and entering our suite. When we got there, I opened my bedroom door to find that all of Stella's things were gone. Half the room was completely empty.