Chapter 10

I opened my eyes. I was still tired about yesterday's episode with Eight Belles. That was fun, I think we should do it again. "There is hoof prints all over the grass Kate. One of the horses must've got out," I heard John say.

"Yea, but who would've done it John. None of the horses know how to get out of their stalls," I heard Kate say. I stayed quite, I was one of those horses who got out, I didn't know that me and Eight Belles made such a mess. That's bad to hear. I turned to look out my stall. I was a bright, sunny day outside.

That means that during my workout I would be sweaty. I looked around trying to spot Kate and John. I couldn't see them. I know they were in here, I heard them talking. I looked around again. No sign of them, where could they be.

'Hey Dreamer' I heard Repossesses call out to me.

'Hey Repossesses, how are you doing?' I asked.

'Good. U?'

'Fine. But do you know where Kate and John went?' I asked.

'No, not at all, sorry Dreamer'

'Oh, ok. See you later I guess'

'You too Dreamer'

'Bye'

'Bye Dreamer' I looked over to see if Eight Belles was out of her stall. And sure enough she was- she was gone. Where did Eight Belles go. Click Clack! Click Clack! I heard hoof prints beating against the ground. I looked over to the direction of the hoof steps. Eight Belles! I almost screamed with joy.

But I didn't when I noticed that Kate and John were with him smiling. 'Where did you go?' I asked Eight Belles.

'Doing a racing workout'

'But I'm supposed to do it with you'

'Yea, well you weren't' Kate walked over to me to pet my head. I backed away, she can't touch me! I thought. She was supposed to bring me on that workout but she didn't!

"I think something's wrong with Dreamer John. He backed away from me when I went to pet him," Kate said, worry evident in her tone.

"Nonsense Kate. There's nothing wrong with Dreamer. Ok," John said.

"Oh well. But why couldn't he do his workout today John?"

"Because he has a race tomorrow remember. And he needs to rest his leg more, what if something happened," John said matter-of-factly. I have a race tomorrow! I can't wait, but hopefully I don't break my leg again, it's no fun. Trust me, you don't want to break any bones in your body. I turned away, now I don't want to race again. The same problum is gonna happen again, but this time, I probably won't survive.

I shuddered at that thought. I dunk my head into my water bucket. The fresh water soothing my sore throat. Then I started munching away at my food. They make really good food, Kate and John should try it, I bet they would love it. Well I will hopefully have a great race tomorrow.