Chapter 1

"DING!!" I heard the bell go off. The gates lurched open, my heart beating frantically. I rushed forward in front of the other horses. My muscles worked together, pushing myself up and down on the race track. I came into the first turn, no other horses around me, just the pounding of my hooves beating against the dirt ground. My jockey twisted the reins around in a circle, giving me my signal to give it all I got.

I started running faster, faster than I ever have went before. I started accelerating faster and faster by every second that passed. I soon got to the second turn on the track. I saw that all the other horses were nowhere near me and my jockey. Adrenaline running through my body, I decided to go even faster. "Dreamer just won the Kentucky Derby by 21 lengths in the lead!"the announcer yelled in the microphone.

Wow I didn't know time went by that fast I thought as soon as a passed the finish line. I started slowing down. After around 15 seconds the other horses came into my view. I turned around, starting to walk into the winners circle. Once I got there, my owner, Kate, was smiling so proudly at me. My trainer, John, walked me around the winners circle twice.

The camera-men came in, got ready to take the picture, and ѕnap, the picture was took. My eyes felt a little dizzy from when the light flashed in my eyes. How bright do they need that light just to take a picture. When I was done, somebody draped a big circle of yellow, and blue flowers over my sweaty neck. My jockey walked me over to were they shower down the horses after a race. He waited till the water was warm, yet a little cold too, to wash me down.

After he washed me down he grabbed my halter, and placed it on my head. Then he took a lead rope, and attached it to my halter right underneath my head. He walked me up to the trailer were I was then walked up and attached near a hay-net. After what seemed like two hours(five minutes actually), the trailer end opened up, and Kate was waiting to take me out and put me into my stall for the night. Kate and I walked silently to my stall, pass all the other horses she owns. When we got to my stall she opened the gate up, lead me in, unhooked the lead rope, walked out, and closed the gate door.

I walked to the gate door, stuck my head out, and whined to my racehorse friend Repossesses. Repossesses stuck out his head and whined back yelling, "Be quiet! Me and the other horses are trying to sleep Dreamer! Go back in your stall, and go to sleep!" I thought that what Repossesses had said to me was very rude and mean. I was his best friend and he decided to yell at me. I walked back to my hay-net, turned around, and decided to go to sleep. I will be having a long racing practice tomorrow, and I don't want to be tired.