Chapter 13

Captin's P.O.V.

I'm gonna have a race against Dreamer?! I'm totaly gonna lose. How can Josh do this to me! He knows I won't win, but  nooooo.... he bets me against Dreamer.

I am gonna lose by so much lengths that Josh might sell me. This I soo very bad.

Dreamer's P.O.V.

How can Frank use me as a horse to bet with! I totaly will purposely lose this race, then he might bring me back to Cale. Naaaaaaaa.... Im not sure that will happen anytime soon. Well I guess I will try to win. I know that Captain is unbeaten, while I have lost 2 races.

I dropped my head down in shame. I am not to sure on what to do yet.

Captain's P.O.V.

I need to speak with Dreamer. That way we can discuss on how we will do this Match Race. I don't want to get sold, and he doesn't want to be here, we could work something out. Maybe.

Dreamer's P.O.V.

A stable hand came up to my stall door. I wondered why. "Hey boy. Ain't you the famous Dreamer," the stable hand said. He chuckled softly. "You need a good grooming." Yea I already know I need a grooming smarty.

I lifted my big chestnut head and stuck if of at his hands. He gently patted mg head, and opened the stall door. He had a halter know in his right hand. He placed the halter on my head and puff a lead rope on.

"Come on Dreamer. Time to get you a good grooming," he said. He lead me out of the stall, my hooves clacking on yhe cement floor isle. He lead me to a big wooden stall without a gate, and a circle drain thing in the middle.

A wash room for horses. He tied my lead rope on a hatch and got a shower thing in his hand. He turned it on and waited patiently for the water to get warm. Once it get warm, he put it down on the floor. Then he grabbed shampoo and started rubbing it on me.

When he was down, then did he pick up the shower thing and gently let the water spray on my and wash the soap off. He did the something again, but instead of shampoo, he used a glossy coat conditioner.

When he was done washing me, he used this and it dried my coat off, making my chestnut body gleam, and all glossy. He kept me in the wash room, and took the dirt off of my hooves, and combed my long dark chestnut hair.

After all the cleaning did he bring me back to my stall only to my surprise to see that it was cleaned. I wonder who cleaned my stall. The stable was full of action after a few minutes. People were running everywhere.

Soon a person came to my stall and and put a halter and lead rope on me and lead me out of my stall. He walked my to a big white and black trailer. He hooked the lead rope on a latch.

The trailer started moving a few seconds after.

(at racetrack...)

Somebody lead me out of the trailer backwards and started walking me to a box. Another person was there and was already putting on my racing gear. I felt a light weight on my back soon after a few seconds.

Another horse and rider grabbed the reins and brought me onto the track. I looked at the stands. It looked like there was a million people there watching this race. What was so important about it anyways, it was just a race wasn't it.

Another horse was already in the gates that would soon make me race. I was walked for a little bit and then brought in the gate. As usual, I counted to four. 1... 2... 3... 4.... Bang! The gates shot open, and as usual I rushed out relieved that I didn't  need to stand in that gate anymore.

Captain's P.O.V.

I was already in the gate. I was always patient as could stand all day in the gate if I had too. I wanted to win this race so bad! When Dreamer got into the gates, it only took the four seconds as always before the gates shot open. I rushed out as fast as I could. I was right by Dreamer.

Dreamer's P.O.V.

I was right by Captain. I decided to go farther out, yet Captain kept coming up with me. I have lots of stamina so the pace I was at didn't bother me at all, I wasn't even sweating. I went faster and pulled ahead by a length.

Captain tried keeping my pace and failed. He stayed where he was while I went two more lengths ahead of him. I was almost finished on the first turn. I could go faster but decided not to. I should preserve the rest of my energy for later. I was now nearing the second turn, still way ahead of Captain by 6 lengths.

Now I just finished racing around the second turn and started sprinting the rest of the way. I could see the finish line, and knew I would win this race. I ran even faster now.

I wish I could see how far back Captain is, but couldn't. I past the finish line with blazing speed, and started to slow down. The crowd was cheering so loud. But I really want to see Cale, although she is most likely not even here.