Chapter 14

Cales P.O.V.

I begged my mom to bring me to the races. I knew Dreamer was raceing against Captin. Captin has never been beaten. But today, Dreamer beat him, like he always could beat any horse that steps on her turf. And when he won, all I could do was miss him more- but I had still cheered for him anyways.

Dreamer was a spectacular horse. And anyone should be happy that they even got him. And I hope that man that he went to treats him right. No horse or any animal in the world should be treated poorly. That's just cruel.

I was in moms car. We were on our way back home. I looked out the window and couldn't believe what I saw. "MOM! Stop the car!" I yelled.

"Whats wrong darling?" My mom asked.

"Look," I said and pointed out the window. "It's Dreamer. We gotta try and get him back. Plllleeeease."

Mom smiled. "Of course we can dear." YES! I cheered in my head. we might actually get Dreamer back!'

Dreamers P.O.V.

I was out grazing in a paster. Lot's of cars pass by, and I have to say, it really annoys me. Then, I heard a car coming. Probably to pay Frank to take pictures of me. I looked up.

And if if my eyes could even get bigger, they probably would. I saw Kate's car! Maybe there here to try and get me back! I can be with all my friends again. I quickly ran to the fence closest to the car.

Maybe Cale was in the car. Maybe she came to see me. All the tiredness drowned out of my body when Cale came out the car. I neighed excitedly hopeing she would come over to me.

This is the best day of my life! Well, the best day of my life since I've been here. I would run a million races and win them for Cale if I had too. But for my new owner, I guess I would do whatever that would please him.

In experience, I know what would happen if I didn't do what my owner said.

flashback:

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

"I said RUN the stupid animal!" My owner yelled at my jockey.

"bu..but he keeps refusing to run as fast as he can sir," my jockey said.

"well, let's make him  run," my owner said and left. He came back with a whip. "Here. Whip him whenever he refuses. And do it hard." He handed the whip to my jockey. My jockey toke the whip and led me back to track.

My jockey pushed his legs into my sides to make me go. I started running into a gallop. I was only one years old, and yet I was training to be a racehorse. My jockey pushed his legs into my sides- hard.  I wasn't sure wether he wanted me to go a bit faster, or as fast as I could go.

So I didn't change my pace at all. He raised the whip and smacked it hard on my butt. I then started running faster. I was getting tired and needed rest, but my owner wouldn't let me get rest until I did what he wanted. After I was done, I was pulled to a stop in front of  my owner.

He nodded in satistfaction. "Good. Now go and bring him into his stall." My jokey led me into my stall. In there were a few bits of hay on the ground, a almost gone pale of food and water, and worn out wood for the walls of the stall. I had freshly cut wounds on my back.

Hot warm blood was slowly flowing out of the wounds. And you could see the dried-up blood on my previous cuts.

END OF FLASHBACK

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Cale ran excitedly up to me. she wrapped her small arms around my neckand kissed me nose. I nudged her shoulder gently, and she giggled. I saw Kate walk in a house. I wonder what she's doing. Momments later she came out a big, warm, happy smile. 

She ran up to Cale and yelled, "WE GOT DREAMER BACK!!!" 

"YEAAAAAAA!!!" Cale screamed. I couldn't help it. I neighed in pleasure, and jumped and bucked. Kate soon got me into the trailer hooked up on the back of her truck and drove home. Ohhh, sweet, sweet, home.

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. :(......)