Chapter 2

I opened my eyes wide open. I turned around and started munching on my hay. I heard footsteps walking down the hall. I walked up to my gate and stuck my head out. Kate was walking down the hall! I hope she comes to my stall, it's getting really boring in here.

Just as I hoped she came to my stall. "Hey there. How's my big boy Dreamer doing?" She whispered. I whined a, 'I'm doing good' to her, even though she doesn't know what I'm saying. John walked up with my bridle. "It's time for Dreamers workout Kate." John replied.

"Okie dokie John. I will met you out there." Kate replied back to John.

John then turned to me. "Ok Dreamer, let's get you out and onto the track." John gently slid the bridle up and over my head. Then he opened up my stall door, and walked me out. We started heading towards the race-track. We walked out of the barn and headed strait to the track.

We soon got to the track. My jockey, Carson, was waiting for me. Carson handed John my saddle. John slid the saddle over my strong back. He strapped the girth near my stomach. Carson walked up to me, and John gave him a leg-up onto me.

Carson jogged me over to the starting gate. John walked me into the starting gate and closed the gate door shut. I kicked the door hard, I hated being trapped in the starting gate, it's to small and tight in here. Carson whispered some soothing words in my ear and I began to calm down. 1... 2... 3... 4... "BANG!!" The gate door in front of me shot open. I quickly sprang out as fast as I could, glad to get out of there.

Kate and John were by the rail watching me. I decided to go a little bit faster. I soon got to the first turn, still dashing faster and faster again. I was almost out of the turn, out of the corner of my eye I saw Kate and John looking a bit worried. I was speeding through the track. Carson whipped me hard, I was so irritated by that stupid whip, I am doing my all, and it's not even close to the second turn, why whip me now.

I zipped through the second turn, and Carson whipped me even harder this time twice. I bet I will be having a bruise there for a few days. Now I was on the backstretch, I went even faster and faster trying to get to the finish line in a zippy. I was 2 lengths away from the finish line, in a second I passed it. Carson slowed me down to a walk.

We walked back to Kate and John, I saw big, huge, smiles on their faces. Once we got there, John yelled, "55.4 seconds flat! Yahoo! You did it Dreamer, and you too Carson." Carson burst into a big smile. "Come on, let's go get Dreamer back into his stall for the night," Kate said. I didn't want to go back to my stall for the night. I wanted to go and play and eat with the other horses in the pastier. I sighed, I guess that wouldn't happen tonight.