Chapter 8

On the banner is a picture of Eight Belles, and Dreamer doing their little match race
Eight Belles is the black horse, and Dreamer is the brown horse.
_____________________oOo__________________

I opened my eyes slowly. Then opened them wide open when I realized that today was Eight Belles and I's match race. I heard footsteps approaching. Kate! Yes, Kate's up. I walked over to my stall door.

Kate walked up to Eight Belles stall door. No! Why didn't she come to my stall door. "Are you ready for your workout girl?" she asked Eight Belles. Eight Belles whined a yes. Kate then walked to my stall.

"How about you. Are you ready for your workout with Eight Belles?" She asked. I whined a yes just like Eight Belles. "Ok then. Let's get you guys saddled up and ready." She said while smiling.

John walked up to us, as well as Tristan and Ashley. Tristan would be Eight Belles and Repossesses jockey. "Let's get them onto the track Tristan and Ashly." John said. Ashly saddled me up, while Tristan saddled up Eight Belles. Ashly led me out of my stall, and Tristan led Eight Belles out of her stall.

The soon led us onto the track. Ashly brought me into the number 2 gate. And Tristan led Eight Belles into the number 1 gate. They closed the shut tight. Ashly leaned forwards on the saddle. 1... 2... 3... 4... BANG!! The gates shot open.

I pushed forward as quick as I could, and got a head start. Eight Belles came out of the gate a second later. I decided to go as fast as I could the whole time, not slowing down. Ashly kept tugging on the reigns trying to get me to slow down, I didn't budge. I just kept going faster.

I was nearing the first turn. I looked around me. There was no one there. Just the sound of my hooves drumming on the dirt track. Now I was on the second turn, I went a little faster. I saw that John and Kate had worried expressions on their faces.

I finished the second turn and was nearing the finish line. I went even more faster and faster. I crossed the finish line with big strides. Ashly slowed me down to walk while we walked to John and Kate who had relived expressions on their faces now. Eight Belles came across the finish line soon after me. I pranced over to John and Kate.

Eight Belles arrived by me after around a minute or so. 'Your actually quite fast Dreamer' she said. well, I did say I was going to win, and I did' I replied. 'Yea. I'm glad to be racing against you next week' she said. 'Wait. Did you say race?' I asked.

'Yes. Your racing against me at the Saratoga race track' he said. 'Oh... I never knew that. No one told me' I said. 'Oh... Well now you know. 'Yea. Well, I am glad to be racing against you again' I said. 'Me too' she said. Eight Belles and I were soon led back into our stalls for the night. I hope to have a good day tomorrow.