Chapter 11

(Dreamers P.O.V.)
It was the first race that I will be doing since I broke my leg. I would be racing in the night today. It's a good thing that the people put lights up so I can see where I was going. It turns out that Kate had a daughter, Cale, that's the little girl who always comes to my races with Kate and John. "Dreamer!!" I heard a high pitched squeak. That must be Cale.

"Slow down sweety!" I heard Kate yell. The footsteps that must be Cale's footsteps coming closer to my stall. Thump! Thump! Thump! The footsteps were coming closer.

"Dreamer!" Cale yelled when she finally got to my stall. I snapped my head up when a heard a heavier pare of footsteps walking down the hall.

"Cale it's time to go! You will be seeing Dreamer at the race anyways so come on! Let's go!" I heard Kate yell.

"Ok! I'm coming mom!" Cale yelled back. Cale ran off towards Kate. I perked my head up again when I heard the footsteps coming closer to my stall. I stomped my hoof against the concrete floor. The footsteps coming closer and closer to my stall still. I don't like where this is going.

I smelt something weird coming off in waves from the direction of the mystery person. I shook my head in disgust. My mane flying in all different directions. The footsteps were right by my stall. I stepped back aware of the foul smell. "Well hello Dreamer," the mystery person whispered.

The mystery person stepped right in front of me. It turned out that the mystery person is a man. Right away I knew that the awful smell on him was alcohol. I flared my nostrils wide open. "Whoa. Calm down there little fellow. I'm not gonna hurt you."

I stomped my hoof again while taking a step backwards. I didn't trust this guy. I know he isn't someone to trust, he's dangerous I can just tell. The guy smirked and said, "It was nice meeting you Dreamer." And walked off. I knew I could step up to the front of my stall now that he was gone.

______________oOo_____________
At the races
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
HORSE ORDER
----------------
1. Eight Belles 3/2
2. White Secret 5/2
3. Dreamer 80/1
4. BayBiscuit 4/1
5. Max-A-Million 20/1
6. Gray Fox 7/1
7. Night Fury 5/2
8. GirlOnFire 60/1
______________oOo______________

I was led out of the trailer. The Track! I totally forgot about the race. This will be the first time I race since I broke my leg! Ha! I hope I don't turn out last, that would be sad. But anyways I just hope I don't fall again.

John threw a saddle on my back and put a bridle on my head. Ashly walked over, and John gave her a leg-up on my back. I took a few steps forward. John led my over to where a person on a horse grabbed onto the reins. He led my out and not the track. It was night out so There were a few lights on so the jockeys could see were to go when they were racing us race horses.

The man walked me over to the first turn and then back to where the starting gate was. Two other men grabbed onto the reins and walked me into gate 3 after White Secret. BayBiscuit, Max-A-Million, Gray Fox, Night Fury, and GirlOnFire walked into there gate positions right after me. I looked over to Eight Belles, he was calm, and that was good given that this is her first race ever. Everyone went silent, I counted to four like I always do. 1...2...3...4.. Bang!

The gates shot wide open and a pushed myself out. "White Secret and Baybiscuit rush to the front a good 5 lengths in front of the other horses battling for first place. Max-A-Million in third, Dreamer next, GirlOnFire trying to get past Eight Belles, and Night Fury is a good seventh place. And It looks like Gray Fox is a good 6 lengths behind Night Fury in last place."

I pushed myself a little faster now that I was finally on the first turn. I passed Max-A-Million and try to catch up to Baybiscuit. "Dreamer pasts Max-A-Million and rushes towards Baybiscuit who is now in second 1 length behind White Secret. Eight Belles rushes past Max-A-Million and goes up to try and past Dreamer who is now in third place."

And now we're onto the second turn nearing the backstrech. I pass Baybiscuit and is now in second place, tring to get into first. I see Baybiscuit battling with Eight Belles behind me for third. White Belles is 2 lengths in front of me. "Dreamer pasts Baybiscuit and is in second place. It looks like Eight Belles is catching up to Dreamer and White Secret. BayBiscuit is now in fourth dropping back, GirlOnFire pasts Max-A-Million and is in fifth place, Max-A-Million next, Night Fury and it looks like Gray Fox is starting to drive forwards trying to pass Night Fury."

I see the finish line and started to run faster and faster I am now a head behind White Secret. White Secret notices me and starts rushing forward. I can feel Eight Belles breath on my butt.

(A/N: I literally laughed for 5 minutes because of the word butt. Butt is such a funny word. I feel like I am gonna faint)

Foam started coming out of my mouth, white puffs coming out of my nostrils. My neck started sweating. The finish line was becoming closer. I charged pass White Secret and started running away from her. I couldn't see any of the other horses, I only was thinking of myself. Eight Belles started catching up to me.

Eight Belles deserved to win his first race. I let her pass me and settled in for second. I soon passed the finish line. Ashly slowed me down and led me back to a stall to hose me down. After that John walked up to me as well as Kate and Cale. Another man walked up with a clipboard.

"Ok. Uhmmmm... Dreamer has been claimed," the man with the clipboard said without looking up.

"Claimed! You said Dreamer wouldn't get claimed mom!" Cale exclaimed and ran away. Apparently she must've known all about horse racing. But I don't know what claimed meant in horse racing. I was led away to a different trailer. The trailer took off.

After awhile the trailer end opened up. I was walked to a stall that I knew wasn't mine. Where was I? This isn't my home. These mustn't be my real owners. We're am I? And what did they do to John, Kate, and most importantly Cale.

///////////////////////////////////
ORDER TO FINISH
___________________
1. Eight Belles
2. Dreamer
3. White Secret
4. BayBiscuit
5. GirlOnFire
6. Gray Fox
7. Max-A-Million
8. Night Fury

-----------------------------

Ok so I tried making this chapter longer than my other ones so. Yea. But hoped you like it.

And what do you think will happen to Dreamer since she was claimed.

And if you didn't know, he raced in a claiming race, so that's how she got claimed.