six | skin

While Katherine blankly stared at the scabs that were scattered across both of her palms, Dean parked his car at a gas station as he said, "Alright

While Katherine blankly stared at the scabs that were scattered across both of her palms, Dean parked his car at a gas station as he said, "Alright. I figured we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight." After he turned to look at Sam, who was staring at his phone, he said, "Sam wears women's underwear."

Sam told him, "I'm listening. I'm just busy."

Dean asked as he got out of the car, "Busy doing what?"

Sam told him, "Reading emails."

While Katherine only scoffed in response, Dean asked him, "Emails from who?"

Sam said, "From my friends at Stanford."

While Katherine muttered 'of course you are', Dean said as he walked around the car and over towards the gas pump, "You're kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?"

Sam replied, "Why not?"

Dean asked as he opened the gas tank and put the pipe inside of it, "Well... what exactly do you tell them, you know, about where you been, what you been doing?"

Sam told him, "I tell them I'm on a road trip with my big brother and twin sister. I tell them I need some time off after Jess."

Dean said to him, "Well, so you lie to them."

Sam replied, "No. I just don't tell them everything."

While Katherine merely chuckled in response as she glanced up from her hands and eyed her two brothers with a smirk on her face, Dean said, "Yeah. That-That-That's called lying."

When Sam only furrowed his eyebrows in response, Dean said, "I mean, hey, man. I get it. Telling them the truth is far worse."

Sam asked him, "So what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?" While Katherine said 'yep', Dean shrugged before Sam said, "You're serious?"

Dean replied, "Look, it sucks. But in a job like this, you can't get close to people period."

It was then that Katherine said, "And if you do get close to people, they're just gonna betray you in the end and almost get you killed."

Both Sam and Dean quickly looked over at Katherine, who went back to staring at the scabs on her hands, before Sam shook his head and said, "You guys are kind of antisocial. You know that?"

Dean replied as he looked back at the gas pump, "Yeah. Whatever."

It wasn't until two dings were heard that Sam said, "God."

While Katherine leaned forward and stared at Sam's phone, Dean asked as he poked his head into the car, "What?"

Sam said to them, "This email from this girl Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine."

Dean asked him, "Is she hot?"

While Katherine only scoffed in response, Sam gave him a pointed look for a couple of seconds before he looked back at his phone and told them, "I went to school with her and her brother Zach. She says Zach's been charged with murder. He's been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says she didn't do it. But it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case."