eight | bugs

While Katherine repeatedly shaved off the sides of a point she made on a piece of wood she found with the use of her pocketknife and rolled her eyes at Dean, who chuckled to himself with a wad of cash in hand, Sam said to him, "You know, we could ...

While Katherine repeatedly shaved off the sides of a point she made on a piece of wood she found with the use of her pocketknife and rolled her eyes at Dean, who chuckled to himself with a wad of cash in hand, Sam said to him, "You know, we could get day jobs once in a while."

Dean told him, "Hunting's our day job and the pay is crap."

Sam replied, "Yeah, but hustling pool, credit card scams? It's not the most honest thing in the world, Dean."

Dean said as he raised his hands, "Well, let's see, honest, fun and easy. It's no contest. Besides, we're good at it. It's what we were raised to do."

Sam retorted, "Yeah, well, how we were raised was jacked."

As he started to count his money, Dean replied, "Yeah, says you." Just as Sam was about to turn his head and look over at Katherine, Dean said to him, "Don't even bother asking her. With the way Katherine's been over the past year, she makes even the greatest sinner in the world look honest."

While Sam did nothing but scoff in response, Dean asked him, "We got a new gig or what?"

Sam said to him, "Maybe. Oasis Plains, Oklahoma. Not far from here. Gas company employee, Dustin Burwash supposedly died from Creutzfeldt-Jakob." When Dean said 'huh', Sam told him, "Human mad cow disease."

Dean asked him, "Mad cow? Wasn't that on 'Oprah'?"

While Katherine did nothing but scoff in response, Sam replied, "You watch 'Oprah'?"

After a couple seconds of silence, Dean said with a nod of his head, "So this guy eats a bad burger. Why is it our kind of thing?"

Sam told him, "Mad cow disease causes massive brain degeneration. It takes months, even years for the damage to appear but this guy Dustin, sounds like his brain disintegrated in about an hour, maybe less."

Dean replied, "Okay, that's weird."

With a nod of his head, Sam said, "Yeah. Now it could be a disease or it could be something much nastier."

With a nod of his own head, Dean clapped his hands together as he said, "Alright, Oklahoma. Man, work, work, work. No time to spend my money." Just as he was about to get into the car, he suddenly stopped when he saw the makeshift wooden stake he saw being held in Katherine's hands before he asked her, "Now, Kat, after I get in the car, am I gonna be seeing wood shavings on the floor?"

After she glanced down at the wood shavings that were basically surrounding her feet, she looked back at him as she replied, "Maybe."

With a groan, he said to her, "Get that crap out of my car."

With an eyebrow raised, she said to him, "I thought it was Dad's car."

With his eyebrows raised, he stared right into her eyes as he asked her, "Do I really need to repeat myself here?"