nineteen | provenance

While Dean made his way over towards them and simply struggled to carry three glasses of beer over to the table that Sam and Katherine were sitting at, Sam told him, "Alright, so I think I got something

While Dean made his way over towards them and simply struggled to carry three glasses of beer over to the table that Sam and Katherine were sitting at, Sam told him, "Alright, so I think I got something."

Dean replied, "Oh, yeah, me too." As he turned his head to look over at the woman that he left to stand by herself at the bar, he said, "I think we need to take a little shore leave for just a little bit. What do you think, huh? I'm so in the door with this one here."

While Katherine rolled her eyes to herself and grabbed the glass of beer that Dean had brought to the table, Sam asked him, "So, what are we today, Dean? Are we rock stars? Are we Army Rangers?"

With a tilt of his head, Dean told him, "We're L.A. TV scouts looking for people with special skills." After chuckling to himself and looking back over at the woman, Dean looked back at his two siblings and said to them, "But, hey, it's not that far off, right? By the way, she's got a friend over there. I can probably hook you up. What do you think?"

In turn, Sam said to him, "Dean, uh, no thanks. I can get my own dates."

Dean replied, "Yeah, you can, but you don't."

It was then that Sam looked up at Dean and asked him, "What is that supposed to mean?"

After a couple seconds of silence, Dean said to him, "Nothing. What do you got?"

Sam told him, "Mark and Ann Telesca of New Paltz, New York, were both found dead in their home just a few days ago." While Dean turned his head to look back at the woman that he left at the bar, Sam said, "Throats were slit, there were no prints, no murder weapons, all– Dean?"

When Dean turned his head to look back at Sam, Sam said, "No prints, no murder weapons, all doors and windows were locked from the inside."

After drinking a bit of his beer, Dean replied, "Could just be a garden-variety murder. You know, not our department."

Sam retorted, "No, Dad says different."

While Katherine simply clenched her jaw at the mention of their father, Dean asked him, "What do you mean?"

It was then that Sam turned their father's journal around to face Dean as he said, "Look. Dad noted three murders in the same area of upstate New York. First one, right here, 1912. The second one in 1945, and the third in 1970. The same M.O. as the Telescas– the throats were slit, the houses were locked from the inside. Now so much time passed between the murders that nobody checked the pattern except for Dad. He always kept his eyes peeled for another one."

With a nod of his head, Dean said to him, "And now we got one."

Sam replied, "Exactly."

In turn, Dean said to him, "Alright. I'm with you. It's worth checking out." Then, with a tilt of his head, Dean asked him, "We can't pick this up till first thing, though, right?"