thirteen | route 666

While Dean had his phone pressed up against his ear, Sam said, "Okay, I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here

While Dean had his phone pressed up against his ear, Sam said, "Okay, I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought."

As he started to make his way over towards his two siblings, Dean said, "Yeah. Problem is we're not going to Pennsylvania."

While Katherine only raised her eyebrows in response, Sam said, "Wait— What?"

Dean told them, "I just got a call from, uh, an old friend. Her father was killed last night. She thinks it might be our kind of thing."

In turn, Sam said, "What?"

Dean said to him, "Yeah, believe me, she never would've called, never, if she didn't need us." After looking out the front passenger window and seeing Sam and Katherine silently staring at him, he said, "Come on. You guys coming or what?"

Katherine and Sam shared a look with each other before they got into their own respective places in the car.

And not long after they did get in the car, Dean drove off away from the gas station.

* * *

With a nod of his head, Sam said, "By 'old friend', you mean..."

Dean replied, "A friend that's not new."

With a scoff, Sam said to him, "Yeah, thanks. So, her name's Cassie, huh? You never mentioned her."

In turn, Dean said, "Didn't I?"

Sam replied, "No."

Dean told him, "Yeah, we went out."

Sam asked him, "You mean you dated someone? For more than one night?"

After looking away from Sam once more, Dean replied, "Am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad, Kat and I were working a job in Athens, Ohio. She was finishing up college. We went out for a couple weeks."

While Katherine only raised her eyebrows in response, Sam asked him, "And?" When Dean only shook his head in response, Sam said, "Look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kind of sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which, by the way, how does she know what we do?"

When Dean didn't respond, Sam said to him, "You told her. You told her the secret. Our big family rule number one— We do what we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half, I do nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio for a couple of times and you tell her everything?" While Katherine only sighed to herself in response to his words, Sam yelled, "Dean!"

In turn, Dean said to him, "Yeah, looks like."

Then Sam turned to Katherine and said, "Kat?"

With a scoff, Katherine replied, "What do I care? It's his life. He can do whatever the hell he wants with it."