twenty one | salvation

With a shake of his head, John said, "So, this is it

With a shake of his head, John said, "So, this is it. This is everything I know. Look, our whole lives we've been searching for this demon, right? Not a trace, just nothing, until about a year ago. And for the first time, I picked up a trail."

In turn, Dean said to him, "That's when you took off."

With a nod of his head, John replied, "Yeah. That's right. The demon must've come out of hiding or hibernation."

As he took a step forward towards John, Dean asked him, "Alright, so, what's this trail you found?"

John told them, "It starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, California. Houses burn down to the ground. It's going after families, just like it went after us."

With furrowed eyebrows, Sam asked him, "Families with infants?"

John replied, "Yeah, the night of the kid's six-month birthday."

Then Sam asked him, "We were six months old that night?"

As he looked between Sam and Katherine, John told them, "Exactly six months."

While Katherine only crossed her arms over her chest with a sigh, Sam said to him, "So, basically, this demon is going after these kids for some reason, same way it came for me? So Mom's death, Jessica– It's all 'cause of me?"

Dean replied, "We don't know that, Sam."

In turn, Sam said to him, "Oh, yeah? 'Cause I'd say we're pretty damn sure, Dean!"

Then Dean said to him, "For the last time, what happened to them is not your fault."

Sam replied, "Yeah, you're right, it's not my fault, but it's my problem!"

While Katherine only pinched the bridge of her nose with a sigh, Dean told him, "No, it's not your problem. It's our problem!"

It was then that John said with a raise of his head, "Okay, that's enough."

After watching John get up out of his chair, Sam asked him, "So, why is it doing it? What does it want?"

John replied, "Look, I wish I had more answers. I do. I've always been one step behind it. Look, I've never gotten there in time to save..."

After a couple seconds of silence, Dean asked him, "Alright, so, how do we find it before it hits again?"

With a nod of his head, John told him, "There are signs. Look, it took me a while to see the pattern, but in the days before these fires, signs crop up in an area– Cattle deaths, uh, temperature fluctuations, electrical storms. And then I went back and checked, and..."

It was then that Dean said with a raise of his head, "These things happened in Lawrence."

With a nod of his head, John replied, "The week before your mother died." After the three siblings had only shared a look with one another, John looked over at Sam and told him, "And in Palo Alto... before Jessica. And these signs– They're starting again."