twenty two | devil's trap

After hearing only ringing for a couple of seconds, Dean slowly turned his head to look over at his two younger siblings when he heard Meg say to him, "You boys and your sister really screwed up this time

After hearing only ringing for a couple of seconds, Dean slowly turned his head to look over at his two younger siblings when he heard Meg say to him, "You boys and your sister really screwed up this time."

After a couple seconds of silence, Dean asked her, "Where is he?"

Meg told him, "You're never gonna see your father again."

Then, after a couple seconds of silence, Dean flipped his phone shut and said, "They've got Dad."

While Dean was quick to walk past the two of them, Sam asked him, "Meg?" After Dean had only nodded his head, Sam asked him, "What did she say?"

Dean replied, "I just told you, Sammy." Then, as he turned to look away from Sam, he said, "Okay. Okay."

After watching Dean grab the Colt and put it in one of his back pockets, Sam asked him, "What are you doing, Dean?"

Dean told him, "We got to go."

After sharing a single look with Katherine, Sam asked him, "Why?"

Dean replied, "Because the demon knows we're in Salvation, alright? It knows we've got the Colt. It's got Dad and it's probably coming for us next."

In turn, Sam said to him, "Good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come."

Dean told him, "Listen, tough guy, we're not ready. Okay? We don't know how many of them are out there." While Katherine only clenched her jaw to herself and closed her eyes, Dean said, "And we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving... now."

* * *

While Katherine kept her eyes closed and tried to control her breathing as the murderous feeling that she'd been pushing down ever since Dean had chosen to break into her apartment to drag her into searching for their father started to come back almost immediately from the amount of times in which she had to deal with demons for just about a year during the time she'd spent with her two brothers, Sam said, "I'm telling you, Dean, we could've taken him."

Dean replied, "What we need is a plan. Now, they're probably keeping Dad alive. We've just got to figure out where. They're gonna want to trade him for the gun." After Sam had only shaken his head, Dean said, "What?"

Sam asked him, "Dean, if that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade?" After a couple seconds of silence, he said, "Dad, he might be—"

It was then that Dean said to him, "Don't."

In turn, Sam said to him, "Look, I don't want to believe it any more than you, but if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job."

Dean replied, "Screw the job, Sam!"

Sam told him, "Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want. He would want us to keep going."