seventeen | hell house

With Sam asleep in the front passenger seat and Katherine sitting in the back of the car and messing around with one of her knives, Dean silently looked between the two of them before he looked in the rearview mirror and pressed a finger against h...

With Sam asleep in the front passenger seat and Katherine sitting in the back of the car and messing around with one of her knives, Dean silently looked between the two of them before he looked in the rearview mirror and pressed a finger against his mouth.

In turn, Katherine simply dragged two fingers across her own mouth and acted as if she was tossing away a key, which got Dean to grin to himself before he grabbed a plastic spoon and carefully put it into Sam's slightly open mouth.

After carefully pulling his hand away, he flipped open his phone and pointed it at Sam before he took a picture of him and then shoved his phone back into his jacket pocket.

Not long after he did that, he turned up the radio and started to sing along to the song, which got Sam to quickly sit up with furrowed eyebrows before he pulled the spoon out of his mouth.

While Sam raised his hands and used one of his hands to wipe his mouth, Dean did a quick drum solo on the steering wheel before he looked over at Sam, who said to him, "Ha ha. Very funny."

With a chuckle, Dean said to him, "Sorry." While Sam took a quick look at the rearview mirror and saw Katherine shaking her head to herself with a grin on her face, Dean said to him, "Not a lot of scenery here in East Texas— you kind of got to make your own."

While Dean started to chuckle some more, Sam replied, "Man, we're not kids anymore, Dean. We're not gonna start that crap up again."

Dean asked him, "Start what up?"

Sam told him, "That prank stuff. It's stupid, and it always escalates."

Dean replied, "Oh, what's the matter, Sammy? You afraid you're gonna get a little Nair in your shampoo again, huh?"

While Katherine only chuckled to herself in response to Dean's words, Sam said to him with a nod of his head, "Alright. Just remember, you started it."

With a chuckle of his own, Dean said to him, "Oh, bring it on, Baldy."

After looking around himself, Sam asked, "Where are we, anyway?"

Dean told him, "A few hours outside of Richardson. Give me the lowdown again."

After taking the newspaper off of the dashboard, Sam said, "Alright, about a month or two ago, this group of kids goes poking around this local haunted house—"

Dean asked him, "Haunted by what?"

Sam told him, "Apparently, a pretty misogynistic spirit." While Katherine only raised her eyebrows in response, Sam said, "Legend goes it takes girls and strings them up in the rafters. Anyway, this group of kids see this dead girl hanging in the cellar."

Dean asked him, "Anybody I.D. the corpse?"

Sam replied, "Well, that's the thing. By the time the cops got there, the body was gone. So the cops were saying the kids were yanking chains."