fourteen | nightmare

After quickly sitting up in his bed, Sam turned to his left and saw Katherine lying beside him with a tight grip on her pillow and her hair all over the place from her constant moving around in her sleep before he looked to his right and saw Dean ...

After quickly sitting up in his bed, Sam turned to his left and saw Katherine lying beside him with a tight grip on her pillow and her hair all over the place from her constant moving around in her sleep before he looked to his right and saw Dean lying on his own bed and fast asleep.

He silently looked between his two siblings.

He knew damn well that if he tried to wake up Katherine, he would more than likely have a knife pressed against his neck, so he took the safer route and turned to Dean and said to him, "Dean." After turning on the lamp in between their two beds, Sam lightly shook Dean as he said, "Dean."

While Sam quickly got off of the bed, Dean started to open his eyes with a groan as he asked Sam, "What are you doing, man? It's the middle of the night."

Sam told him, "We have to go."

As Dean turned to look over at Sam, who now had a jacket in hand, he asked Sam, "What's happening?"

Sam replied, "We have to go... right now."

Dean asked him, "Okay, but what about Kat? I mean, I don't really feel like getting stabbed in the eye in the middle of the night."

Sam said to him, "Throw her over your shoulder, drag her out of the room, I don't care. We have to go right now."

While Sam quickly walked out of the motel room with a bag in one hand and his jacket in the other, Dean slowly turned his head to look over at Katherine, who was still sound asleep.

After some careful consideration, Dean got himself ready before he grabbed Katherine's jacket, carefully threw Katherine over his shoulder and walked out with Katherine's shoes held in his other hand.

* * *

While Katherine continued to sleep in the back of the car, Sam said into the phone, "McReedy, Detective McReedy. Badge number 158. I've got a signal 480 in progress. I need the registered owner of a two-door Sedan, Michigan license plate— Mary-Frank-6-0-3-7. Yeah, okay. Just hurry."

It was then that Dean said to him, "Sammy, relax. I'm sure it's just a nightmare."

Sam replied, "Yeah, tell me about it."

Dean said to him, "I mean it. You know, a-a normal, everyday, naked-in-class nightmare. This license plate, it won't check out. You'll see."

Sam told him, "It felt different, Dean— Real... Like when I dreamt about our old house and Jessica."

Dean replied, "Well, yeah, that makes sense. You're dreaming about our house, your girlfriend. This guy in your dream, you ever seen him before?"

Sam said to him, "No."

In turn, Dean said to him, "No. Exactly. Why would you have premonitions about some random dude in Michigan?"