twenty | dead man's blood

With a sigh, Dean said to Sam, "Alright, dude, not a decent lead in all of Nebraska

With a sigh, Dean said to Sam, "Alright, dude, not a decent lead in all of Nebraska. What do you got?"

Sam told him, "Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota. Here– a woman in Iowa fell ten-thousand feet from an airplane and survived."

In turn, Dean said to him, "Sounds more like 'that's incredible' than 'the Twilight Zone'."

As he brought his attention back over to his laptop, Sam said, "Yeah."

While Katherine made her way back over to the table that her brothers were sitting at with a filled-up coffee mug in hand, Dean said, "Hey, you know, uh, we could just keep heading east– New York, upstate. Could stop by and see Sarah again. Huh? She's a cool chick, man. Smokin'. You two seemed pretty friendly. What do you say?"

With a shake of his head, Sam replied, "Yeah, I don't know. Maybe someday. But in the meantime, we got a lot of work to do, Dean. And you know that."

With a tilt of his head, Dean said, "Yeah, you're right. What else you got?"

Sam told them, "Uh, man in Colorado. Local man by the name of Daniel Elkins was found mauled in his home."

With his eyebrows furrowed, Dean said, "Elkins. I know that name."

Sam replied, "Doesn't ring a bell. Sounds like the police don't know what to think. At first they said it was some sort of bear attack, and now they found signs of robbery."

While Dean said 'mm-hmm', Katherine said with a sigh, "Well, it's good to know that the taxes that are being paid for by the citizens of the United States of America is being used to hire complete and utter morons in the police departments in each of the states of this beloved country."

After a moment of silence, which involved Sam giving his twin sister a pointed look, Dean turned the journal around to face them as he said, "Here. Check it out."

While Katherine took a bite out of the bagel that she was eating and stared at the page with narrowed eyes, Sam asked with a raise of his eyebrows, "You think it's the same Elkins?"

Dean replied, "It's a Colorado area code."

* * *

While Katherine silently eyed the inside of Daniel Elkins' home with narrowed eyes and a tight grip on her flashlight, Dean said, "Looks like the maid didn't come today."

While Katherine only rolled her eyes at her eldest brother, Sam said, "Hey, there's salt over here, right inside the door."

While Katherine started to walk towards the room that Dean was standing inside of, Dean asked him, "You mean, like, protection-against-demon salt or, uh, 'oops, I spilled the popcorn' salt?"

Sam told them, "It's clearly a ring." As he walked into the next room to join his two siblings, Sam asked them, "You guys think this guy Elkins was a player?"